Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you paying for premium connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried but I end up subscribing because I didn’t like to have to turn on my stupid hotspot every time I get into the car lol
This can be done automatically (Atleast on android, i dont know about IOS)

I had a car where it only had a aftermarket streaming radio.

I found this program that i set to

IF connecting to (car bluetooth) turn on hotspot
IF Disconnecting from (car bluetooth) turn hotspot off

Worked pretty flawlessly.

Program was called something like IFTTT (IF This Then That)

This can be done automatically (Atleast on android, i dont know about IOS)

I had a car where it only had a aftermarket streaming radio.

I found this program that i set to

IF connecting to (car bluetooth) turn on hotspot
IF Disconnecting from (car bluetooth) turn hotspot off

Worked pretty flawlessly.

Program was called something like IFTTT (IF This Then That)
Yeah every time I go into car either car wifi is set to off or I have to turn on hotspot on iPhone I was like no I will buy. Want everything ready when I hit brake lol.

Yeah every time I go into car either car wifi is set to off or I have to turn on hotspot on iPhone I was like no I will buy. Want everything ready when I hit brake lol.
Yeah, i dont know if IFTTT is even available for IOS so probably your best bet.

I took a trip abroad yestersday, it seemed like the Premium data did not cover "abroad" (I am still on the first month of free Premium).

I will have to check if this is the case, because if it is, Premium just became a LOT less desireable for me here in Europe, we are used to be able to use the data, in the whole EU, without having to pay extra, so if the Data only works in Denmark, then it will probably not be worth the $14 a month (No discounted yearly option here).

In that case it will be better for me to just use the data i have on my phone, via hotspot.

Reactions: KevinT3141
Yeah, i dont know if IFTTT is even available for IOS so probably your best bet.

I took a trip abroad yestersday, it seemed like the Premium data did not cover "abroad" (I am still on the first month of free Premium).

I will have to check if this is the case, because if it is, Premium just became a LOT less desireable for me here in Europe, we are used to be able to use the data, in the whole EU, without having to pay extra, so if the Data only works in Denmark, then it will probably not be worth the $14 a month (No discounted yearly option here).

In that case it will be better for me to just use the data i have on my phone, via hotspot.
Doesn't make sense that it would not work in a different country, it is assigned to the car. You should definitely see what the issue was. That would be like FSD not working if I drive from the US to Canada.... (If I had FSD).

Reactions: hmadsen
You can get better traffic data from Waze in an urban center.
But this is not and expensive subscription and it works with your car.
To get high quality audio you have to subscribe to Tidal and all the
subscriptions start to build. I wish they had Ytube music native. I already have
three of the major tv streaming services ,plus Prime .
Death by subscriptions .
If you want to run Waze I think you can through the browser but how does
it effect how the Tesla stuff works . I guess I will have to run that experiment.
I was going to run it in parallel on my phone.

if the tesla nav embeds cop reports and road condition hazards then it will be completely a perfect product, is there anyway to display cops on the tesla nav?
We have quite a few different small gadgets that all have the same functions. (They stick to the windscreen with double sided sticky tape)

1. One or more buttons to report that you just passed a speed trap, camera van, dangerous situation and so on.
2. An audible alert to make you aware that other motorist have marked a certain location and to be careful when driving there.

Would LOVE for that kind of functionality to be implemented into the navigation map.

I know Google was toying with this idea for google maps, but they never implemented it...Atleast not in the country i live in.

The detection and warning rate would probably be poor, if only Tesla's could warn other tesla's, so if Tesla could incorporate the Google maps part into their maps, if google ever releases it, it would be great.

Welcome.
Is it possible to buy this outright for a year and not charge monthly in the UK?
I think the yearly discounted option is only avaiable in selected countries, maybe even the US.

In Denmark the price is $14 (£11,75) a month, and there is no option to pay yearly and/or to get any sort of discount.

I can get a simcard with 20 gigabyte of data for half of that, and stick that into dongle that does wifi hotspot, so pondering if that will be the better option, instead of paying double.

I can live without live maps and sattellite maps, i just want to be able to stream music, but it would be a lot more convenient if they just sold the built in subscription at a more "competitive" price. If buying the 1 year subscription in the US, the price is just about half of what i have to pay.

My guess is that this is more of a "How much can we charge" than a "How much should it really cost, based on the actual price of comparable products"