Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

Reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

• Reserving at the reveal

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Reserving at a store

Votes: 302 63.7%
  • Reserving online

Votes: 156 32.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does this work in states where Tesla is not licensed to sell cars?

In Connecticut, you can get your car serviced, but that's it. You can't buy a car and you can't ask any sales/financing questions (well, you can, but you won't get any answers). You can go to the fast food joint next door and buy your car there, but apparently you can't do it at the service center.

So I guess I already answered my question, but I'm assuming nobody will be lining up at the Milford center to reserve their Model 3?

:(

How will Tesla decide who to invite to the reveal? Who gets picked?

Since New Mexico is one of those nasty states p0wn3d by the oil/gas/car-dealer cartel, Tesla is banned from operating any stores or service centers. So I'd have to drive 9 hours to the nearest store. I'd rather go to the reveal!

If I had a store nearer than four hours away, I'd do it at a store, but as it is I'll do it online. I wonder if making online reservations wait 24 hours is a subtle way of penalizing anti-Tesla states, or rewarding pro-Tesla states if you prefer to look at it that way, or if there was some unrelated reason for the decision.

If I had a store nearer than four hours away, I'd do it at a store, but as it is I'll do it online. I wonder if making online reservations wait 24 hours is a subtle way of penalizing anti-Tesla states, or rewarding pro-Tesla states if you prefer to look at it that way, or if there was some unrelated reason for the decision.
I think it's to publicize demand (and subtle marketing) by (hopefully) showing lines at the stores.

+1

No way I could go to the reveal, even if Tesla thought enough of me to send an invite -- I couldn't get a flight out in time. I am free on Friday to drive to Cleveland, but that seems like a really long trip and the somewhat lower deli number probably won't help that much since I suspect Tesla will be more likely to ship mostly to California at first, if history is any guide. I suspect it will be a while before they get around to less-than-full-spec cars going to states with whom Tesla does not have good relations. :frown:

EDIT: Just read Musk's tweet more carefully -- I can't make it from work to the store before it closes on the 31st anyway, so online it is!

Last edited:
So I asked for the in store presale and EM made it happen. Now my question will be if all the stores have a 10am opening time, does that mean the West Coast buyers will be starting 3 hours after the East Coast?

I am definitely doing online. I do have a store relatively near me down in the LA area, but I am working night shift on the 31st so won't be able to go down. Don't really want to deal with the lines anyways.

I am hoping that the prices will be such that mine will be considered "highly optioned" so it won't matter so much that I reserved the next day. (I.e, I will jump ahead of folks who ordered the base model in the store)