Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

Reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

• Reserving at the reveal

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Reserving at a store

Votes: 302 63.7%
  • Reserving online

Votes: 156 32.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just made an in-store appointment today for March 31 Chicago downtown - was there for opening day in 2010 ( January 26, 2010 ) not previous evening event - so only proper I place our reservation there.

Amtrak up day before - overnight stay - appointment booked.

Last edited:
I think they will do it alphabetically and by country then stores.

So as England has an E, then we in England will have a 5 digit number. As the USA has a U, you lot will be given a 21 digit number.

Obviously the lower the number the sooner it will be produced.
True. Since Dadeland, which has a Tesla Store, is considered a country because it offers passport stamped entry benefits to all who come there and is more multilingual than is Switzerland obviously Dadeland comes before England. Anyway England is no longer a country from Tesla terms, but is considered within the United Kingdom... thus you come just before the mainland USA, but after the rest of us. Now how can I manage to arrange my order from Austria? better yet Albania.

I know that a few people have mentioned either inputting a CC on a computer or that stores don't know how it'll work just yet. Was the Model S online only? I didn't get one personally but all the people I knew said it was online only.

Hopefully they release more info about how it'll work in store soon.
I heard you will need to bring a breifcase filled with money :wink:
briefcase-383.jpg

Just made an in-store appointment today for March 31 Chicago downtown - was there for opening day in 2010 ( January 26, 2010 ) not previous evening event - so only proper I place our reservation there.

Amtrak up day before - overnight stay - appointment booked.
An appointment for what? Test drive? This is the first suggestion that deposits won't be first come, first served.

Just made an appointment to make deposit. Figured it would smart to call and make an early morning appointment to beat crowd. As far as I'm aware person who handled it today for me stated it would be to make a Model 3 deposit - no one seemed to state that this wasn't cool and that we would have to queue up. We'll see next month I guess. Was told I'd receive a call week of appointment to confirm.

Seemed logical to call and not just show up day of expecting them to cater to me.

Last edited:
It will be interesting how they "rank" the in-store sales. Will we get a sequential number on the spot, or will all of the store orders be processed in a batch and get emailed some more random number later?
I'm sure you will be reserving on a computer or tablet in the store and all will be using a common back-end so reservations will truly be in order regardless of location. But it sounds like East Coasters will have an edge over we West Coasters. Yes, I realize the ANZ and Europeans have an even larger "head start" but Tesla has historically shipped cars to the US before Europe or Asia so I would assume that US/Canada cars would be built ahead so reservation order won't matter.