TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Are you running Falken Azenis tires? (Warning)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AMPd, Jan 12, 2019.

1. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

FE52AE9A-57A9-4711-AEA8-836DF4B8FDCC.jpeg

Got a nail in my front tire, once the shop took the wheel off they found a crack in the tire
    I don’t recall hitting any potholes
    Tires are 10 months old with 6/32 tread remaining

Decided to go back to Michelin’s, although this may have nothing to do with falkens quality, I don’t feel comfortable enough running them

2. TMeister

TMeister Gearhead

How did you find out about the nail? TPMS warning? How low was the pressure? With such a low profile on 21s it's not going to take much in an underpressure situation to fold the sidewall in a minor pothole.

But then again, it could be a mfg defect but probably not a class issue or there would be a recall.

3. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

I’m on my second set of the FK510s. No issues. Probably just a one-off occurrence that can happen with any tire (defect or actual pothole or...) so I wouldn’t attribute it to the brand or even tire line. You’ve already moved to Michelins so can’t go wrong there either.

• Like x 1
  4. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Yes TPMS
    Warning came on showing 38psi
    Next day down to 30
    I checked and saw the nail, pumped the tire up and drove to the tire shop

5. TMeister

TMeister Gearhead

i gotta go with a mfg defect on that tire then.

6. AltairIV

AltairIV Member

I haven’t had my wheels off yet, so I don’t know the state of the interior rims...but doesn’t the OP’s look a bunged up?

7. nixnexus

nixnexus Member

The inside lip of the wheel usually get scuffed up from the automatic car washes (guidance rails the car tracks on). Although the pic of that wheel doesn’t look that bad?