Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Are you telling me that this sucker is nuclear?"

Jello

Mar 13, 2013
Los Angeles
"No, no, no, no, no, this sucker's electrical, but I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need."

If you know those lines, you probably know what's in my frunk...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,448

Jello

Mar 13, 2013
Los Angeles
Oh, I work at Universal (there are three of four of us here with Teslas) and we have some odd BTTF items around - not screen used or anything, but from some promotional stuff or toys that we've partners with in the past that I've come to acquire.

My license plate is this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    635.6 KB · Views: 1,147

AWDtsla

Mar 3, 2013
NE
Let's get nerdy: You could easily fit a RTG, which is basically a nuclear powered battery which you can get a few hundred watts of _continuous power for decades_ without refueling. It could mean the Model S never ever needs to be plugged in, as the battery charges at a low rate 24/7 for it's entire lifetime. Also the waste heat would be recycled for winter use, making winter range no longer an issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator

jomo25

Mar 16, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Sad to think that in 2 years, we should have Mr. Fusion (tm) and be able to do the Hovercraft conversion. At least we are driving on electricity. The masses are still stuck on fossil fuels ;)

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Sad to think that in 2 years, we should have Mr. Fusion (tm) and be able to do the Hovercraft conversion. At least we are driving on electricity. The masses are still stuck on fossil fuels ;)
I've already put down a Sig reservation on the Hovercraft retrofit.

bob_p

Apr 5, 2012
What about the invisibility option - like the car in one of the James Bond movies?

Adding invisibility would minimize the inconvenience of having other drivers and pedestrians staring at the car and taking pictures while we're driving by...

Soflason

Feb 19, 2013
FL
Well Mercedes already have that option

That's a pretty cool visual trick with the LED's... making the car invisible, yes indeed - reminds me of that Aston Martin Vanquish (nicknamed the "vanish") in this Bond scene (at about 3 minutes into the video):

Last edited by a moderator:

Zythryn

Model Y custom Warming Stripes wrap.
Mar 18, 2009
Minnesota
What about the invisibility option - like the car in one of the James Bond movies?

Adding invisibility would minimize the inconvenience of having other drivers and pedestrians staring at the car and taking pictures while we're driving by...

Might result in more fender benders though!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC