Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are your 12v Power Sockets live when car is locked?

Are you 12v Power Sockets live when car is locked?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vandacca

ReActive Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hamilton
There appears to be conflicting reports on the workings of the 12v 'cigarette-lighter' sockets in the Model-X. Some are reporting that they are powered when vehicle is locked/off and some are reporting the opposite.

It would be helpful to some to understand how Tesla configures these vehicles with respect to constant power at the 12v socket.

Please vote to help us better understand how this works.

3 performance models and 3 powered front console (only 2 rear???). 4 votes for non-powered. I'm starting to see a pattern (Performance=powered).

I probably should have given this a little more thought, as I thought I could figure out an obvious pattern with this multi-vote poll.

Reviving this thread.

Did anyone find a solution? My car is in the description. I am trying to run an electric cooler while away from the car. While I would prefer to plug into the back outlet, I can also use the one in the front center console.

Reactions: Bestla
I was going to purchase at portable power station and store it under my trunk storage. Plug the power station into the 12v socket so it charges when operating the car and plug the cooler into the power station.
But instead I ran a dedicated 12v power wire from the cabin fuse box in the drivers foot well to the trunk.