TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Are your 12v Power Sockets live when car is locked?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by vandacca, May 11, 2017.

Tags:
?

Are you 12v Power Sockets live when car is locked?

1. I have a Performance Model

20.0%
  2. Rear 12v socket is powered when vehicle is locked

20.0%
  3. Front Console 12v socket is powered when vehicle is locked

20.0%
  4. Both 12v sockets have no power when vehicle is locked

73.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

There appears to be conflicting reports on the workings of the 12v 'cigarette-lighter' sockets in the Model-X. Some are reporting that they are powered when vehicle is locked/off and some are reporting the opposite.

It would be helpful to some to understand how Tesla configures these vehicles with respect to constant power at the 12v socket.

Please vote to help us better understand how this works.

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

3 performance models and 3 powered front console (only 2 rear???). 4 votes for non-powered. I'm starting to see a pattern (Performance=powered).

I probably should have given this a little more thought, as I thought I could figure out an obvious pattern with this multi-vote poll.

3. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

My non performance MX90D (sn 1526) seems to stay powered in the rear if I turn off the energy saving feature and don't have the always connected turned on.

With energy savings turned on the rear power turns off within about 5 minutes.

4. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Hi All,

March 2018 Model X-100D MCU2 Non-performance.

The rear 12 Volt power turns off EXACTLY 2 minutes after the car is locked.

With MCU2 there is no "choice" for power saving mode - it is built into the car.

Shawn