Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My side and rear view mirrors get very dark at night, and it makes it especially hard to use at dusk. I know they have auto dimming, but I don't know how to control it.

They work great in the daylight, but as soon as the sun goes down they turn dark gray. Cars without headlights on don't show up in them, and cars with headlights have no detail expect the two headlights, which is much less visbility than I could see in my BMW which has had auto dimming.

I'm getting used to it, but still don't feel as comfortable as I'm used to changing lanes as dusk.

Does anybody else have this problem, and have you been able to figure out how to adjust the dimming? Or how to turn it off?

Reactions: bcpm3p and Watts_Up
My side and rear view mirrors get very dark at night, and it makes it especially hard to use at dusk. I know they have auto dimming, but I don't know how to control it.

They work great in the daylight, but as soon as the sun goes down they turn dark gray. Cars without headlights on don't show up in them, and cars with headlights have no detail expect the two headlights, which is much less visbility than I could see in my BMW which has had auto dimming.

I'm getting used to it, but still don't feel as comfortable as I'm used to changing lanes as dusk.

Does anybody else have this problem, and have you been able to figure out how to adjust the dimming? Or how to turn it off?
There's a huge thread devoted to this very issue: Auto Dimming Mirrors.... Kinda Dark