Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Argh. Can't decide color.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finalize button is beckoning (has been for a couple weeks). Was going to get red, but I just can't decide. I've seen every other color in person (live in silicon valley, and you see teslas everywhere). Without seeing the red in real life it's a bit of a tough call for me.

I like the blue, green, and brown, but to my eye half the time they look black. Dark gray is nice, too, but my current car is gray and I wanted something different.

Decisions, decisions... Wish I could get signature red.

Personally, I wouldn't get either the blue or the green, as they look black to me in nearly any lighting other than full sunlight. If you live someplace where the sun does in fact shine most of the time, that may not be an issue.

Maybe this will help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ__Sh2TS6o

Personally I think the best colors are white (both), red, gray, blue, black. Avoid brown. Poor resale. I'm going with blue personally. I really like how dark it is. I do live in a sunny state (Texas). My second runner-up would be gray but I also have a gray BMW currently so I agree with your assessment. Red is really nice but too loud for me at this point in my life.

I got the green and I was worried that it would look black, but it doesn't. By night it looks "almost" black, but there's still a hint of color that makes it look really cool. That's better than plain "green" IMHO. Love the green. I'm sure the blue is also like that.

I got the green and I was worried that it would look black, but it doesn't. By night it looks "almost" black, but there's still a hint of color that makes it look really cool. That's better than plain "green" IMHO. Love the green. I'm sure the blue is also like that.

This. I've lost count of the number of folks who've remarked that the Green is really classy-looking for a car of these proportions. There's a lot of character to this green in various lighting conditions.

From all I've seen over the past year, the Blue is far "blacker" than the Green; I've spotted blue Ss on the roads in broad daylight and one'd have to pay close attention to notice that it's not black. The Green stands out better in that regard. Blue would still be a good choice.

As for the Red, yes, it's a great color; a bit in-your-face for my liking though.

I love the Gray too. Really deserved its earlier "Dolphin" moniker. Look back for some fabulous pics by Zextraterrestrial.

Black/White/Silver...yawn... apologies to folks loving those :)

Finalize button is beckoning (has been for a couple weeks). Was going to get red, but I just can't decide. I've seen every other color in person (live in silicon valley, and you see teslas everywhere). Without seeing the red in real life it's a bit of a tough call for me.

I like the blue, green, and brown, but to my eye half the time they look black. Dark gray is nice, too, but my current car is gray and I wanted something different.

Decisions, decisions... Wish I could get signature red.
I find Tesla colors to be "rental fleet" colors. Too subdued. For a small while back when, Tesla were offering any color you wanted and someone here got a gorgeous blue one. Little darker than sky blue. Unlike Roadster colors which are a bit too OTT.
I'd do as gray suggests and vinyl wrap the car. I got a black one and hopefully next week she'll be red. Similar to the Signature Red you want.

image.jpg

I saw this pic in the forum and thought it was "Perfect". Very classy Green and grey 21"s.
Exactly what I have ordered. Can't say anything about this image brings "rental fleet" to my mind.
Just wish I could get one good nights sleep while I'm waiting!
DCWitt

PMS number

Shouldn't Tesla have a refinish or aftermarket code for Signature Red to allow body/repair shops the ability to fix damaged vehicles? Find out the code and see if a local shop can paint your car Signature Red.
If this helps, I put a PMS (Pantone Matching System) up against DailyDrivers sig red car and came up with I think 195C. Matte.

Attachments

• signature red PMS match.JPG
    signature red PMS match.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,182
I saw this pic in the forum and thought it was "Perfect". Very classy Green and grey 21"s.
Exactly what I have ordered. Can't say anything about this image brings "rental fleet" to my mind.
Just wish I could get one good nights sleep while I'm waiting!
DCWitt
Sorry, I find that color to be black. Guess you need to be there. The green to me is just too subtle. While the "new" red is too hot.
What I mean by "rental fleet" is ... whenever I rent a car, I see acres of cars with a grey scale. You never see "classy" colors.
Those colors are I understand easier to sell, but I bought mine to drive, not sell! (And admire. And baby.)

We had the same problem, do not like black the blue is to dark and more navy, the brown is not very pretty. The green is blah, it got down to silver, white and red. I do not want black or gray interior, so the tan interior is nice and goes with white and red. We have seen many whites and although it looks very nice my wife and I wanted some color. So red was it, we have owned a Jaguar XKE that was red and an Alfa Romeo. Currently have an XK8 an Mbz, both blue, wanted a change. Check out the blogs and pics of the new red, it is beautiful. Of course everyone has their own likes and dislikes, so choose what makes you happy.

- - - Updated - - -