Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Argh - touch up paint still backordered for months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a bottle of touch up paint for the original grey available since we sold our Model S last week. If anyone wants it, it's theirs for the price of shipping plus a $10 payment. It cost me more than that when I picked it up at a local body shop.

To be clear, I'm talking about the "new" dark grey. I don't know the real name for it.

I want the darned touch up paint. But my real concern is how little things like this spiral out of control with volume doubling, tripling, and more in the coming year or two. I'm still waiting on my Monroney sticker too.

Thx to previous members, I got Dr. Color Chip too ... had to use a US Address service to get it into Canada though, and not cheap, but did a great job on one chip so far, I can't even find the spot anymore.

Instead of an ugly touch-up blob you can actually fill-in the chip.

Let us know how good the match is--I have used their system on 2 cars, and it has been pretty good, and easier to apply than using the usual paint pen or brush from the OEMs.

Sorry, just now seeing this.

Pretty good match. I've never had the need for touch-up paint before, so I don't have any basis for comparison. I can still pick out the areas with the small scrapes that were covered, but I doubt that anyone else could just on routine inspection.

Thx to previous members, I got Dr. Color Chip too ... had to use a US Address service to get it into Canada though, and not cheap, but did a great job on one chip so far, I can't even find the spot anymore.

Instead of an ugly touch-up blob you can actually fill-in the chip.

Hi can you please post how to get it to Canada. I would like to order too.

Thanks

Jeff

Hi can you please post how to get it to Canada. I would like to order too.

Thanks

Jeff
Google for a US Address service, I'm not recommending one particular one but I think the one I used is literally called that, and there are others.

On the subject of touch-up paint, it's a bizarre scenario to not have the factory touch-up paint available for so many colors... it should be stocked at stores and sold with every car.