Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arguing in Circles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

No. He mostly makes a big fuss about his opinion that "projected range" should replace "rated range". Well, that may be his opinion, but as far as I can tell, everyone very quickly understands that "rated range" is not a minimum range.

So did Broder, in spite of being very uninformed in general:

As I crossed into New Jersey some 15 miles later, I noticed that the estimated range was falling faster than miles were accumulating. At 68 miles since recharging, the range had dropped by 85 miles, and a little mental math told me that reaching Milford would be a stretch.

Last edited:
Conclusion: his behavior had to result in failure sooner or later. In so far as one might think he calculated in a way that he could have made it, one would have to say that he gave himself (almost) no margin for errors. However he kept making mistakes more or less at each turn of events (and especially in the morning).
IMO Mr Broder had more then enough range to complete the final loop to/from the SuperCharger. I believe the range drop overnight forced Mr Broder and Tesla to conclude that the car had less range than it did and to 'condition' the car and divert to a charging station. IMO the car was at fault here and both Tesla and Mr Broder then compounded the problem.

Solution: just get a full charge unless you know what you are doing.
I never bother waiting for more range than I need when at public Charging Station.... the moment I have enough range for my trip I'm gone. This is exactly what Mr Broder did and I really don't think we can fault him for that decision.

- - - Updated - - -

And also Broder's notebook, yes?
Sure.... IMO the moment the car got into trouble Mr Musk should have arranged a meeting with NYT and a re-test. IMO the tweeting of the word 'fake' set the tone for everything that's happened since.

No. He mostly makes a big fuzz about his opinion that "projected range" should replace "rated range"
he also asked Tesla to produce the logs.... do you think that's relevant? do you think they should?

- - - Updated - - -

And how do you figure that? Are you saying that your opinion is the only correct one? Wake up
I was commenting on the fact that a new user like yourself on TMC seems to be 'brow beaten' by existing members... IMO this is detrimental to the debate. I'm happy to continue if we can move the discussion forward.

- - - Updated - - -

I just stated that Tesla should release the logs so that we can judge for ourselves...
Agreed! We really need to see the cars logs.

I think we need to see the full logs from Tesla... we can then remove most of the unknowns in the accounts published by Tesla, Mr Musk, NYT, and Mr Broder.
Not going to happen, and not even relevant. We don't need the logs to see where Broder failed repeatedly. Your practice of only putting in as much charge as you need works fine for an experienced EV driver who knows his vehicle and his routes, it makes no sense at all for a novice who is supposedly so concerned with range anxiety that he is "freezing" in the car and creeping along in attempts to conserve power.

You constantly posting the same thing over and over again trying to get people to engage. You've made your point. Tesla seems to be at fault in your opinion and needs to produce 'full logs', Broder was just an average guy doing what an average guy would do on a drive so not at fault. Thank you for your contribution.

Tesla needs to produce full logs. Because those can't possibly be faked. That would be proof that Broder didn't fully charge the car even though he says he didn't and he verifies Tesla's graphs. Maybe the 19" wheel size kept him from fully charging the car.

Oy Vey MEME.jpg

Yes but the data they released ready does that. If you think they are lying or twisting the truth with what they already released then 'full data' would be the same. It might have proprietary data in it anyway so Tesla has released what they are comfortable with. Not sure what you think the full data will prove or how it will back up your defense of Broder. It is clear he never fully charged the car. That is beyond dispute and fact not open to interpretation.