Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Deliveries??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MY direct drop to my house last 6/5. There are several issues with the build quality and have to bring it back to Mesa for service On the 23rd. Not happy about it.

It is what it is. While some aspects (drivetrain, safety, technology etc.) are leaps and bounds above everyone else in the price range, much of the rest of the vehicle is in fact much lower tier (especially materials used) for the price range. Then on top of that the quality control and fit and finish is really lacking. Still worth the tradeoff for me.

It is what it is. While some aspects (drivetrain, safety, technology etc.) are leaps and bounds above everyone else in the price range, much of the rest of the vehicle is in fact much lower tier (especially materials used) for the price range. Then on top of that the quality control and fit and finish is really lacking. Still worth the tradeoff for me.
I have a few minor issues but couldn't be happier with it. Will get those fixed and rarely see service after that, as was my experience with my M3. Go with a traditional luxury vehicle if you can't deal with some minor inconveniences, but you'll just trade them for others...

Reactions: AhwatukeeDad
Picked up White Model Y LR AWD w/ 19" at Scottsdale DC. This is a post factory opening production.
Process was fast. Check in, view car and sign paperwork held in the new car.
Noted a few cosmetic issues which will require a SC visit in a couple of weeks.
These include trim alignment on A pillar, rear quarter window trim. Door and hood alignment (uneven gaps)

Besides these issues, the car is great. Love the open space, panorama roof, ride height and it is very quiet too. Full disclosure I am a Tesla fan and have been for many years having owned Teslas previously.

Reactions: Dennisis
Picked up White Model Y LR AWD w/ 19" at Scottsdale DC. This is a post factory opening production.
Process was fast. Check in, view car and sign paperwork held in the new car.
Noted a few cosmetic issues which will require a SC visit in a couple of weeks.
These include trim alignment on A pillar, rear quarter window trim. Door and hood alignment (uneven gaps)

Besides these issues, the car is great. Love the open space, panorama roof, ride height and it is very quiet too. Full disclosure I am a Tesla fan and have been for many years having owned Teslas previously.
Congratulations! I'm still waiting for my VIN but I've been told it will be soon.

How do they have you submit issues? When we picked up our 3 the delivery rep was with us and took all the pictures and submitted the issues that way - curious how they are doing it in the contactless way.

• Informative
Reactions: yodap85
Guys, wife and I live south of Tucson six months of the year. We intend on ordering a MY for the Fall. A couple of questions:

Where will be pick-up the vehicle, at the location just outside of Phoenix?

Are repairs or service done at the location off Valencia, to the west of the airport?

Thanks,

Rich
(with one EV at the moment, a Bolt 2019 Premier, on the Cape, hoping for one in AZ as well)

Guys, wife and I live south of Tucson six months of the year. We intend on ordering a MY for the Fall. A couple of questions:

Are repairs or service done at the location off Valencia, to the west of the airport?

Thanks,

Rich
(with one EV at the moment, a Bolt 2019 Premier, on the Cape, hoping for one in AZ as well)

Our experience with the M3 has been that we picked up at the Scottsdale location located off of Raintree near the 101 and all service was done at the Tempe location. But I believe they do do service at the Scottsdale location, but we have never had any done there.

I am in the 7-14 day window for my delivery, so will let you know when I know! Hope I do not have to get to Phoenix!

Congratulations! I'm still waiting for my VIN but I've been told it will be soon.

How do they have you submit issues? When we picked up our 3 the delivery rep was with us and took all the pictures and submitted the issues that way - curious how they are doing it in the contactless way.

So we pointed out the issues that were evident at delivery time. The Delivery Rep took pictures and then asked us to setup an appointment as the fixes would require service center visit as opposed to via a mobile service. Over the next couple of days we saw other issues, took pictures and submitted them along with the service request. The contactless delivery was great. The service request is also being handled in a contact less way

Got the text today for our Y Performance White Exterior, Black Interior to pick up Saturday at Scottsdale. We ordered in May.
I am supposed to pick mine up at 10am. I called the location just to confirm and find out when they anticipated the car arriving. I was told by Sunday. Don't be surprised if there is a delay. I was really hoping that it would be on the lot for a day or 2 so they had time to fix any issues.

AZKoby, I'm interested in your experiences as well!

Rich
I took delivery today and was pleasantly surprised. White/White PUP Vin 148XX.

Scottsdale location off of Raintree.

Just a few issues noted:
Panel Alignment issues on front number, both rear doors and the hatch
Paint transfer on the lower front bumper, They buffed this out before we left.
Rear seat back alignment issues
weather stripping/gasket on the front of the glass roof was funky.
Rear passenger side wheel well liner was not tucked in all the way around
Front passenger seat was dirty. Not stained, just dirty.
Rear door bolts were torqued after being painted and scratched them up. Again, they touched these up before we left.

Didn't immediately notice any paint issues

Nothing Major..Super excited

I took delivery today and was pleasantly surprised. White/White PUP Vin 148XX.

Scottsdale location off of Raintree.

Just a few issues noted:
Panel Alignment issues on front number, both rear doors and the hatch
Paint transfer on the lower front bumper, They buffed this out before we left.
Rear seat back alignment issues
weather stripping/gasket on the front of the glass roof was funky.
Rear passenger side wheel well liner was not tucked in all the way around
Front passenger seat was dirty. Not stained, just dirty.
Rear door bolts were torqued after being painted and scratched them up. Again, they touched these up before we left.

Didn't immediately notice any paint issues

Nothing Major..Super excited

Did they say they could fix all your issues? I'm concerned they will say they can fix things and not actually be able to. Like the seat alignments and charging door issues I read about.

I pick up my white/white AWD tomorrow morning at 10:30am. I have my 6 page checklist ready to go. :)

Glad to hear you got your car!

Did they say they could fix all your issues? I'm concerned they will say they can fix things and not actually be able to. Like the seat alignments and charging door issues I read about.

I pick up my white/white AWD tomorrow morning at 10:30am. I have my 6 page checklist ready to go. :)

They said none of my stuff would be an issue. I got there 30 minutes early so I could spend extra time inspecting. They had no issues with that. Everyone was really accommodating.

I doubt there's anything to be done for the middle rear seat alignment if that's what your referring to. Had mine in the SC yesterday and discussed this with the tech - said there's no adjustment, everything is bolted as is. If you find differently let us all know, but I expect you'll see it's not aligned perfectly during your inspection.

AZKoby, I'm happy that you're pleased with your MY. As I 've mentioned, I hope to be ordering ours for sometime around the Fall. We spend half the year in AZ (the other half on Cape Cod) and we want a reasonable amount of time to work out the "bugs" which appear endemic to the MY at the moment.

I am hoping that by the time we are ready to order our Tesla most if not all of the early issues will be worked out. I mostly monitor this forum, and try to keep tabs on the QC status of the MYs coming our of Freemont.

We already have one EV, a Bolt. Lovely car. Great for local running around, just kind of useless for "serious" travel (the charging infrastructure is simply not there yet, and the charge times for the Bolt are sooo sloooow...). The MY is the perfect size car for us. I really like the technology and design. It is irksome that such a brilliant auto can't be built without so many damn irregularities.

I am confident that Musk fully understands his potential downside to all of these issues. At the moment, for true distance travel with an EV, Tesla is the only practical way to go. This advantage will not last forever. He has to get his QC squared away.

Rich