Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona FSD-beta testers discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
As a new FSD beta tester, I thought it would be good to have a place to discuss experiences with the software on Arizona roads. I have searched for a place where state/city specific discussions are collected, but did not find any. If I missed them and this is a duplicate effort, let me know…

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting if Arizona testers could share their impressions of FSD on the roads they drive regularly since we obviously live all over the place. It would be cool to have drivers share roads/intersections that gave Beta difficulty and the community could maybe try them out, ideally in different vehicles, models, trim levels, etc to see any differences or commonalities.

I live in Phoenix in Ahwatukee and work in chandler, and drive a 2021 MY LR. I am currently on 10.6.1 Since Sunday.
Here’s a couple of things I’ve seen in the last few days:
  • I haven’t been testing that long (since 10.5) but I find that when it gets busy 48th street and Ray rd is a very challenging intersection.
  • getting off the 202 westbound at 40th street AP sometimes just won’t get over and exit at all.
I hope there are some other Arizonans on here that will be willing to share!

I just got a 2022 LR model Y. I also live in Ahwatukee. My Safety score is 99 and has been for a week or so. I still am in the queue for FSD beta. How long did it take you to get it after requesting?
Not that long. I missed the first batch because I broke my leg and could not drive to get a good safety score. I was at 98 for a while then a bad drive dropped off taking me to 100 and I got it a couple days later. I got the first version over thanksgiving holiday. 10.6? 10.8? I can’t remember now. I don’t have 10.11 yet but I usually get it after the first couple of days. I’m on 10.10.2 right now which I guess is a smaller than average group to get that version judging by vehicles on Teslascope.

Elon mentioned people all the way down to 95 might get this one, so fingers crossed.

I thing it’s really cool to use and test, but realize it’s actually more stressful than driving yourself. You have to be very vigilant. It seems to have trouble with left turns on our huge intersections like Ray and 48th. Feels like it’s going to curb the median every time, I take over if it’s really bad or during rush hour with lots of cars around.

Not that long. I missed the first batch because I broke my leg and could not drive to get a good safety score. I was at 98 for a while then a bad drive dropped off taking me to 100 and I got it a couple days later. I got the first version over thanksgiving holiday. 10.6? 10.8? I can’t remember now. I don’t have 10.11 yet but I usually get it after the first couple of days. I’m on 10.10.2 right now which I guess is a smaller than average group to get that version judging by vehicles on Teslascope.

Elon mentioned people all the way down to 95 might get this one, so fingers crossed.

I thing it’s really cool to use and test, but realize it’s actually more stressful than driving yourself. You have to be very vigilant. It seems to have trouble with left turns on our huge intersections like Ray and 48th. Feels like it’s going to curb the median every time, I take over if it’s really bad or during rush hour with lots of cars around.

I am in Tucson and I Traded in my Model 3 that had the FSD BETA software at the end of Dec 2021 for a 2022 model 3. I enrolled in the FSD Beta queue first of Jan 2022 and have been driving around for three months trying to keep a decent safety score. I’m thinking the next round of FSD beta software for new cars will be a wider release to all FSD cars sometime in the fall.
Good training to be an optimist.

One situation that always requires an intervention is a left turn off a freeway exit where the left two lanes are turning back onto the freeway/service road. Confuses FSDb everytime. My other biggest issue is the incessant, illogical, unnecessary lane changes. I wish that after cancelling an upcoming lane change notice several times, FSDb should get a clue and stop trying for a while or until I do it myself.

Reactions: gcsutton