TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Arizona Owner Undertakes a 20,000 mile "Million Dollar Tesla Trip"

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AmpedRealtor, Apr 16, 2015.

1. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

#1 AmpedRealtor, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    One of our local owners here in Arizona is embarking upon a special project. His name is Steve Sasman. You may remember him from the media attention back in January when he advertised his "Tesla Hotel" on AirBnB. His story was picked up by CNN and it spread like wildfire. He also wrote a book called "How Almost Anyone Can Afford a Tesla".

Steve is now embarking upon a 4-month 20,000 mile road trip across the United States and Canada, with a twist. He will be giving rides to locals who have an inspirational story to tell - bloggers, entrepreneurs, people who are passionate about causes, etc. He will post the videos of people telling their inspirational stories during the drive, while sitting in the passenger seat of the Tesla, on his video show "Supercharged".

Here's a promo video about his upcoming trip:

You can read all about his upcoming adventure at MillionDollarTeslaTrip.com!

2. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Now why couldn't I have been that clever? *sobs quietly in the corner*

3. tga

tga Active Member

He never really explained the million dollar part. Just that he planned to put sponsor's logos on the car. Does he really think he can sell $1mil in sponsorships? That seems pretty high.

Maybe Nissan will pay to cover it with Leaf logos. :biggrin:

4. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

Thanks for posting @AmpedRealtor! Yes @tga, there's a lot to the story, so couldn't get to every detail in the video :) To answer your question it's basically 10K per SF of space on the car, and I have several package levels that offer a lot more than just the logo - mentions on the videos, links in the blogs, amazing photos for social media, etc.

YES, I agree, 1M is a very high goal....especially given the very short window of time to get this done. However, there are several specific reasons for this. 1 - in order to get media attention, it HAS to be a big bold number. 2 - the media attention is what will actually help make this a VALUE to sponsors. I intend to deliver more branding value than they are paying me. 3 - if the first two things happen then Tesla is a huge winner as well from the exposure and people getting to see how well this electric car performs on a 20,000 mile cross country trip.

Of course, it would be a nice payday for me, but that's just a side effect of hopefully telling a great story, and inspiring a lot of people, both about Tesla and life in general. While it will be a lot of fun, it's no vacation...it's going to be a TON of work. Not to get all corny but part of my message is to not let your fears stop you. To go for something amazing. I had a good friend tell me this was crazy, that I'm setting myself up to fail in a big public way, if I don't reach the goal. Well, I'd rather "fail" than be too afraid to try :)

5. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Good luck and go for it.

6. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

Rock on Sasmania!

7. TES-E

TES-E Member

Full speed ahead!!!

8. tga

tga Active Member

Can't argue with that. Good luck, Steve. Sound like a fun way to spend 4 months. BTW, the About link on the site's header is 404

9. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

Bon Voyage!

10. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

Thanks for the support everyone. Really appreciate it and hope to see many of you on the road!

@tga - thanks...yes, lots of work to finish up on the site :)

11. krisg81

krisg81 Member

Awesome idea! I am going to do the $2M Tesla Adventure Trip though. Price is $20K per square foot, and I *DONT* accept American Express as payment.

12. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

Hahaha Love it!!!

13. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

I think I hate you *cries even more in the corner*

14. Irish Dan T

Irish Dan T Member

Look who was in Pendleton a few days ago.

Shhh SShhhh, he's sleeping in there.

2015-09-09 at 14-06-10.jpg

Wish I could have met him.

15. ozweepay

ozweepay Member

Any updates to this? Most posts were from April and the summer is now over (well, not in AZ, but in the north it is). Did this happen?

16. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member