Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Owner Undertakes a 20,000 mile "Million Dollar Tesla Trip"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AmpedRealtor

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
One of our local owners here in Arizona is embarking upon a special project. His name is Steve Sasman. You may remember him from the media attention back in January when he advertised his "Tesla Hotel" on AirBnB. His story was picked up by CNN and it spread like wildfire. He also wrote a book called "How Almost Anyone Can Afford a Tesla".

Steve is now embarking upon a 4-month 20,000 mile road trip across the United States and Canada, with a twist. He will be giving rides to locals who have an inspirational story to tell - bloggers, entrepreneurs, people who are passionate about causes, etc. He will post the videos of people telling their inspirational stories during the drive, while sitting in the passenger seat of the Tesla, on his video show "Supercharged".

Here's a promo video about his upcoming trip:

You can read all about his upcoming adventure at MillionDollarTeslaTrip.com!

Last edited by a moderator:
He never really explained the million dollar part. Just that he planned to put sponsor's logos on the car. Does he really think he can sell $1mil in sponsorships? That seems pretty high.

Maybe Nissan will pay to cover it with Leaf logos. :biggrin:

Thanks for posting @AmpedRealtor! Yes @tga, there's a lot to the story, so couldn't get to every detail in the video :) To answer your question it's basically 10K per SF of space on the car, and I have several package levels that offer a lot more than just the logo - mentions on the videos, links in the blogs, amazing photos for social media, etc.

YES, I agree, 1M is a very high goal....especially given the very short window of time to get this done. However, there are several specific reasons for this. 1 - in order to get media attention, it HAS to be a big bold number. 2 - the media attention is what will actually help make this a VALUE to sponsors. I intend to deliver more branding value than they are paying me. 3 - if the first two things happen then Tesla is a huge winner as well from the exposure and people getting to see how well this electric car performs on a 20,000 mile cross country trip.

Of course, it would be a nice payday for me, but that's just a side effect of hopefully telling a great story, and inspiring a lot of people, both about Tesla and life in general. While it will be a lot of fun, it's no vacation...it's going to be a TON of work. Not to get all corny but part of my message is to not let your fears stop you. To go for something amazing. I had a good friend tell me this was crazy, that I'm setting myself up to fail in a big public way, if I don't reach the goal. Well, I'd rather "fail" than be too afraid to try :)

Look who was in Pendleton a few days ago.

Shhh SShhhh, he's sleeping in there.

2015-09-09 at 14-06-10.jpg

Wish I could have met him.