Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona - Phoenix and Tucson Corridor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another "use tax" question. I registered my S in June and was hit with Scottsdale's 1.45% "use tax" in November. I'm in the process of doing my taxes with TurboTax and am planning on deducting the state and county sales tax (6.6% total) that I paid when I registered the vehicle. My question is, can the "use tax" be included in this deduction?

Another "use tax" question. I registered my S in June and was hit with Scottsdale's 1.45% "use tax" in November. I'm in the process of doing my taxes with TurboTax and am planning on deducting the state and county sales tax (6.6% total) that I paid when I registered the vehicle. My question is, can the "use tax" be included in this deduction?

Speaking of this, did any Phoenix residents get their 2% use tax bill from the city? I registered in April 2013 and still haven't received a bill from the City of Phoenix?

Anybody have any idea of the usage levels of the two chargers in the Terminal 4 parking garage? I checked Plugshare and it didn't seem like much.
I've used one of the chargers there about 6 months ago. These are Blink chargers and you can see if they are in use by checking Blink - BlinkMap.

I was concerned that they would be used heavily, because I was traveling from Tucson to pick up my son. When I checked before I left, both were in use. When I arrived, one had freed up. They only charge at 24A 208V, so the charge rate is not great.

I've used one of the chargers there about 6 months ago. These are Blink chargers and you can see if they are in use by checking Blink - BlinkMap.

I was concerned that they would be used heavily, because I was traveling from Tucson to pick up my son. When I checked before I left, both were in use. When I arrived, one had freed up. They only charge at 24A 208V, so the charge rate is not great.
Thanks for the reply. The terminal 4 chargers are showing "1 ready/0 busy/1 unavailable". Why do you suppose 1 is unavailable?

Thanks for the reply. The terminal 4 chargers are showing "1 ready/0 busy/1 unavailable". Why do you suppose 1 is unavailable?
This would indicate that there are 3 chargers, but I only remember 2 chargers at Terminal 4. They did have security patrolling the garage when I was there. Maybe there is someone you can call that will actually go there and let you know what the state of the chargers is?

This would indicate that there are 3 chargers, but I only remember 2 chargers at Terminal 4. They did have security patrolling the garage when I was there. Maybe there is someone you can call that will actually go there and let you know what the state of the chargers is?

I am in one of the two terminal 4 spots today. Any time I've been there, at least one spot was always open. When I parked, the other spot was vacant.

I am in one of the two terminal 4 spots today. Any time I've been there, at least one spot was always open. When I parked, the other spot was vacant.

2 in Terminal 4, 2 in Terminal 3. But one of the Terminal 4 spots shows as Unavailable. This is to be distinguished from "Busy."

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused. Because now the Blink site shows Terminal 4 having one available and one unavailable. But "Busy" is not shown. I'm wondering if your car has finished charging but remains plugged in thus causing "Unavailable" to show. What time you leaving Terminal 4? I plan on being there at about 3:30 today. But if Terminal 4 is busy, there is always Terminal 3 where there are 2 more, both showing as available.

I won't be back before you need to plug in. I did notice that both were operational, so the "unavailable" probably is due to the end of charging for me. It is plugged in, but i'm at the set limit now.

So if you're plugged in but not charging they stop the billing clock/timer? I assumed it'll keep racking up the dollars even if sitting plugged but idle...

And do you have to stop charging from the app or will it stop once it's charged up?

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch22.html#en_US_2013_publink1000296099

It seems to include "compensating use taxes".

So if you're plugged in but not charging they stop the billing clock/timer? I assumed it'll keep racking up the dollars even if sitting plugged but idle...

And do you have to stop charging from the app or will it stop once it's charged up?

The Blink at the airport is free , based on the info that the screen told me. But otherwise, I'd be charged until it was unplugged. It stopped automatically when it hit my charge threshold.

I won't be back before you need to plug in. I did notice that both were operational, so the "unavailable" probably is due to the end of charging for me. It is plugged in, but i'm at the set limit now.
So how long you been parked there? Came back today and there's a white MS in one spot and a Volt in the other. Very frustrating as Blink app sowed one available. So over to terminal 3 again.