Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Powerwall Installs

destructure00

Mar 2, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
I’m using Darwin’s Powerwall Manager via Hubitat. Set to run self powered exactly 5-9am and pm and it works instantaneously with 0.0 daily or ave demand. Did you verify no excess loads causing the spikes?

Check to see if this is still working, the recent firmware updates they have done to the PW/Gateway killed my connection to Hubitat.

Kcarver

Aug 17, 2020
Gilbert AZ
I’m using Darwin’s Powerwall Manager via Hubitat. Set to run self powered exactly 5-9am and pm and it works instantaneously with 0.0 daily or ave demand. Did you verify no excess loads causing the spikes?
I’m using same setup. I moved the scheduled start time to 4:40am. Tesla app showed going off grid at 5:50am so not happening instantly. I’ll check throughout week to see if fixes issue.

destructure00

Mar 2, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
I’m using same setup. I moved the scheduled start time to 4:40am. Tesla app showed going off grid at 5:50am so not happening instantly. I’ll check throughout week to see if fixes issue.

When mine was working, I had a repeating action that hit the same endpoint every minute for 5 minutes. It always worked at least one of those 5 times without delay.

dhskiracer71

May 28, 2019
Fountain Hills, AZ
Check to see if this is still working, the recent firmware updates they have done to the PW/Gateway killed my connection to Hubitat.

Still working for me for some reason on app version 20.49.0 as of 3/1/2021.

Edit: I now recall a number of weeks ago when they updated the software and it broke my Hubitat briefly. I had to change my powerwall password and log back into the Tesla account in the hubitat power wall app to get everything working again. Try that (click on “change or forgot password” and follow the instructions on the login screen from 192.168.91.1 or https://teg). Worked for me and no issues since.

Attachments

• 3FD72764-D2C8-4302-B045-E2DB60BB5080.jpeg
    3FD72764-D2C8-4302-B045-E2DB60BB5080.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Kcarver

Aug 17, 2020
Gilbert AZ
Anyone else in AZ see storm watch activated today//tonight? Saw it this afternoon but PW were full. Now that I’m off peak 9pm see storm watch activated and charging PW at 10KW. It clear and showing windy tomorrow high of 82.

Kcarver

Aug 17, 2020
Gilbert AZ
When mine was working, I had a repeating action that hit the same endpoint every minute for 5 minutes. It always worked at least one of those 5 times without delay.
How did you set 5 repeating actions? I have 7 spots to schedule actions and used 6 to cover the 2 on peak periods. I used the 7th to add same setting but 1o minutes earlier. I did not see an option to add more schedules.

aswami

Feb 12, 2021
Phoenix
Had my 8.16 kw panels plus 2 Powerwalls installed last week. Was surprised to see a meter slot for measuring power going into the Powerwalls. The installers told me that APS requires a separate meter for the Powerwalls for the past year or so. Wondering why they would want that info...

destructure00

Mar 2, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
How did you set 5 repeating actions? I have 7 spots to schedule actions and used 6 to cover the 2 on peak periods. I used the 7th to add same setting but 1o minutes earlier. I did not see an option to add more schedules.

Sorry I missed this post. I'm using Rule Machine, not the built in scheduler from Darwin.

Kat-A-Tonic

May 1, 2020
Mesa AZ
I saw that. I ended up turning off storm watch so that I did not end up with a demand fee if it happened again and the walls were not full.
Anyone else in AZ see storm watch activated today//tonight? Saw it this afternoon but PW were full. Now that I’m off peak 9pm see storm watch activated and charging PW at 10KW. It clear and showing windy tomorrow high of 82.

Reactions: JayClark

JayClark

Aug 6, 2019
Arizona
I saw that. I ended up turning off storm watch so that I did not end up with a demand fee if it happened again and the walls were not full.
I've done the same. At least in my area we have so few power outages that I'm more concerned about the potential peak-window (expensive demand charge) grid draw to top the batteries. If it's a weekend, hot summer time, and monsoons are coming I turn it back for the weekend (all off-peak) to make sure I have AC but that's about the only time I think to turn Storm watch back on.

ArizonaJon

May 29, 2020
Tucson, AZ
I've done the same. At least in my area we have so few power outages that I'm more concerned about the potential peak-window (expensive demand charge) grid draw to top the batteries. If it's a weekend, hot summer time, and monsoons are coming I turn it back for the weekend (all off-peak) to make sure I have AC but that's about the only time I think to turn Storm watch back on.
I also turned off my storm watch. Red flag warnings are not a concern for me in our area. For the monsoon season, I will turn it back on.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC