Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Powerwall Installs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla never set up the app and told me it was possible until the unit was commissioned....

I was able to add the PowerWall to the mobile app right after the installation and weeks before commissioning through the owner self registration page at: Powerwall Self Registration | Tesla. This page explicitly states that "The Powerwall can be registered to enable access to the Tesla mobile app at the time of installation."

Within a minute or so after self-registering, I received an email and the PowerWall options then appeared on my mobile app. I had to log out of the app and back in again before everything appeared and functioned properly.

Well finally got my Powerwalls turned on, took forever. Still can’t access it via the app but I ran the website 192.168.91.1 wizard and set it up that way for now. Help ticket submitted.

Currently ran 2 AC units and 1 huge electric hot water tank that I should replace. 12kw and it ran with no issues, some solar was being produced.

Things I learned but failed to do - while you are waiting on the electric company you can easily turn on the powerwall and use it in backup mode just run the wizard and change it from backup to consumption. If I would of known this......
So my PW is installed with solar, however they left and my PW is at 0% now. Is there anyway I can force it to charge from the grid?

Any idea how to get the powerwall that I was supposed to get as a referral? Tried emailing and no response. Also called Tesla Solar and they wanted to install panels but would look into the PW. When I said I would do them together, they said they would put in a request. That was two months ago.

ADC4258B-F3C4-44B9-9511-2A68120FCB35.png
998C7BCC-3FB4-41AF-AEA9-64EB984EB252.jpeg
C3BC0E27-A1C0-494C-A630-AB7EDE69FDC5.png
Install went so well! This is the best crew Tesla has and I gladly waited one extra week for them to be available!

Reactions: Darwin
I'm in for the $99 Tesla analysis - excited!

Tesla sales locally said that I would get an SRP $3600 rebate for every PW, but I disagree. I think it's up to $3,600 back.

I also spoke to Sun Valley Solar since they were mentioned here, and they said they remove your tiles and mount panels direct, whereas Tesla mounts solar on top of tile (per sales...). Pros/cons? How do you mount to a Tile that's not very sturdy? Sun Valley Solar has a point there, but their quote was higher than Tesla. Mark claims Tesla will "tack on extras... And have you read all the complaints on their shoddy workmanship?" I didn't bother with the debate, just rubbed me the wrong way. No one there wanted to admit to knowing much about this site; my guess is otherwise, but you can't blame the man for trying. Tesla is a power to be reckoned with for many businesses I'm certain.

Realizing that going through Tesla further supports the mission and share price, looking forward to our initial meeting. I already ran 1-1/4" conduit from service to the garage for the Model 3 on the stock 32 Amps. The pipe should carry 125A, I figure that's all they need to put the batteries in the garage, against an interior wall. Yes, temp is everything. Even a cold night will suck the power out, and who wants anything baking in our sun! Consider you may need (want?) to get new batteries in 10 yrs. so don't need to make it worse.

I'll keep y'all posted. I was signed up on the SRP rebate last year but Tesla said they couldn't deliver the PW 2 within the 60 day window given. So are these PW 2's now still?

Funny thing, I just installed gas to the kitchen. On one hand, that's good to save electricity for A/C, on the other hand it is burning Carbon.

Hopeful this time around and maybe I get to use the drone!

I'm in for the $99 Tesla analysis - excited!

Tesla sales locally said that I would get an SRP $3600 rebate for every PW, but I disagree. I think it's up to $3,600 back.

I also spoke to Sun Valley Solar since they were mentioned here, and they said they remove your tiles and mount panels direct, whereas Tesla mounts solar on top of tile (per sales...). Pros/cons? How do you mount to a Tile that's not very sturdy? Sun Valley Solar has a point there, but their quote was higher than Tesla. Mark claims Tesla will "tack on extras... And have you read all the complaints on their shoddy workmanship?" I didn't bother with the debate, just rubbed me the wrong way. No one there wanted to admit to knowing much about this site; my guess is otherwise, but you can't blame the man for trying. Tesla is a power to be reckoned with for many businesses I'm certain.

Realizing that going through Tesla further supports the mission and share price, looking forward to our initial meeting. I already ran 1-1/4" conduit from service to the garage for the Model 3 on the stock 32 Amps. The pipe should carry 125A, I figure that's all they need to put the batteries in the garage, against an interior wall. Yes, temp is everything. Even a cold night will suck the power out, and who wants anything baking in our sun! Consider you may need (want?) to get new batteries in 10 yrs. so don't need to make it worse.

I'll keep y'all posted. I was signed up on the SRP rebate last year but Tesla said they couldn't deliver the PW 2 within the 60 day window given. So are these PW 2's now still?

Funny thing, I just installed gas to the kitchen. On one hand, that's good to save electricity for A/C, on the other hand it is burning Carbon.

Hopeful this time around and maybe I get to use the drone!
Lol there was a lot here so let me help a bit. First mark is a good dude but probably pissed cause Tesla has been taking some of his business lately. So you will get the full $3600 as a rebate due to the Kw size of the battery. Tesla didn’t tack on extras, my final price was $200 more than we originally thought. Their price of $2.65 is significantly cheaper than Sun valley otherwise I would have gone with them. Mark is right on Tesla not having the best quality after install and there have been horror stories but I am hopeful we will be taken care of. In terms of SRP the process is super smooth and you have 60 days for application and 6 months for install. Feel free to PM me for more questions! I am hoping to turn on system next week!

I haven’t been down this road yet but in practice it seems like Tesla may be correct. SRP pays $300 per kWh of DC capacity and the Powerwall specs indicate they have 13.5 kWh usable.13.5 * 300 > 3600 so I think one PW would hit the limit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chancellor32
I haven’t been down this road yet but in practice it seems like Tesla may be correct. SRP pays $300 per kWh of DC capacity and the Powerwall specs indicate they have 13.5 kWh usable.13.5 * 300 > 3600 so I think one PW would hit the limit.

To confirm what you're saying... if I get 2 PWs then it's a $7,200 rebate? Sweet if so!

So why are there still 3,709 / 4,500 SRP PWs still available on this rebate program? That was about the number last year when I was signed up for the $1,800 version.

The conclusion I want to draw is that this is like BEV adoption: Maybe fear of more debt mixed with associated higher prices from recent past. This seems like the right time to buy in, but why not everyone? It's $2,000 down, then you get a check for $3,600 (per PW), potential to lower your net power costs, add value to the home, shade the roof, use power more when you want to, and reduce your impact on the environment. WTF, I think I could sell this door to door.

To confirm what you're saying... if I get 2 PWs then it's a $7,200 rebate? Sweet if so!

So why are there still 3,709 / 4,500 SRP PWs still available on this rebate program? That was about the number last year when I was signed up for the $1,800 version.

The conclusion I want to draw is that this is like BEV adoption: Maybe fear of more debt mixed with associated higher prices from recent past. This seems like the right time to buy in, but why not everyone? It's $2,000 down, then you get a check for $3,600 (per PW), potential to lower your net power costs, add value to the home, shade the roof, use power more when you want to, and reduce your impact on the environment. WTF, I think I could sell this door to door.
Max payout is $3600 unfortunately. If you get one it’s $3600, if you get 3 it’s still $3600. A lot of people are waiting to see what happens with Powerwall prices and just doubtful of the tech at this point.