Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Powerwall Installs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Goldstone #7 is quite white, but glad you found one. Was it at the retail store or online?
This is what I paid for #7 for use in radios dish antennas (nearly 7 yrs ago):
$94.90 per gallon in one gallon containers
Connie Kelly
Triangle Coatings, Inc.
Customer Service Supervisor
T + 1 925 583 0800 Ext. 803
F + 1 925 583-0880
E [email protected]

I'd like to get some IR paint on my south facing garage door, but need to meet HOA approved colors, which has recently been greatly expanded.
It's a deck coating at Sherwin-Williams and comes in cedar-bark color.

Reactions: tmoz
The result looks really great!
I agree with charlesj, you probably should monitor the interior temp. While the “shed” does provide shade for the powerwalls, and you seem to have sufficient clearance space around the powerwalls, the enclosed space may sometimes end up being much hotter than the ambient temperature after a couple hours of direct sunshine. If you have ever watched war movies where “sheds” were used to “sweat” POWs… Well, you don’t want to accidentally torture your powerwalls!
As I just told tmoz, I'm going to be painting the shed with an IR Reflective deck coating.

The result looks really great!
I agree with charlesj, you probably should monitor the interior temp. While the “shed” does provide shade for the powerwalls, and you seem to have sufficient clearance space around the powerwalls, the enclosed space may sometimes end up being much hotter than the ambient temperature after a couple hours of direct sunshine. If you have ever watched war movies where “sheds” were used to “sweat” POWs… Well, you don’t want to accidentally torture your powerwalls!
forgot to say Blue, those "sweatboxes" had zero ventilation, whereas my shed has a bunch.

forgot to say Blue, those "sweatboxes" had zero ventilation, whereas my shed has a bunch.
Cool. I did look at the pictures, but I didn’t actually see any specific ventilation, hence my post…
I do like the look of your solution. I was trying to figure out something similar for my irrigation controller, since my previous one died from too much direct sun. Obviously a ”half-shed” solution would be overkill for that! :)

Cool. I did look at the pictures, but I didn’t actually see any specific ventilation, hence my post…
I do like the look of your solution. I was trying to figure out something similar for my irrigation controller, since my previous one died from too much direct sun. Obviously a ”half-shed” solution would be overkill for that! :)
You could just build a small enclosure

Reactions: DeepBlueMN
So, I went and bought this thermometer to monitor the temp inside the Powerwall shed. I estimate that the temps should be ok now that I painted it with the Sherwin-Williams IR reflective paint. Today the outside high was 80 degrees and the temp inside the shed was max 78 degrees.

Hey guys,
To claim your $1,000 solar tax credit for Arizona state taxes for an installed system, TurboTax claims you need a certificate of Compliance from the installer
COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE
Did you receive a certificate from the installer stating that the solar defvice meets Arizona requirements for the solar and wind energy device credit?

I remember when they installed my system they said I should be getting something like that in the mail, which never happened.

I've reached out to Tesla support and they're clueless what this compliance document is and have been unable to help me.
Do you guys know anything about this?

I'm being told that no leads or reps have any idea what this certificate is and they don't believe it exists.

Hey guys,
To claim your $1,000 solar tax credit for Arizona state taxes for an installed system, TurboTax claims you need a certificate of Compliance from the installer

I remember when they installed my system they said I should be getting something like that in the mail, which never happened.

I've reached out to Tesla support and they're clueless what this compliance document is and have been unable to help me.

I'm being told that no leads or reps have any idea what this certificate is and they don't believe it exists.
We did our taxes and didn't have that issue at all. Strange that Turbo said that

Hey guys,

May want to call the state tax division and talk to them if this is true or false.

Hey guys,

You simply answer No and keep entering the required information. It doesn't stop you from claiming the solar credit. I've already filed and received the $1,000 AZ credit this year with no issues.

Below is a snipet from the Statement of Certification from my installer (not Tesla). Maybe send to Tesla and ask for something similar on their letterhead.

8988243B-5E40-4F5C-9A30-CB7FA1ADD52B.jpeg

Below is a snipet from the Statement of Certification from my installer (not Tesla). Maybe send to Tesla and ask for something similar on their letterhead.
Thank you for posting this. Tesla is clueless about this and I'm not really sure how to get them to send it to me. Not like I have a lot of time left either.

You simply answer No and keep entering the required information. It doesn't stop you from claiming the solar credit. I've already filed and received the $1,000 AZ credit this year with no issues.
When I answer no I didn't receive a certificate, it says I didn't qualify for the state credit. :(

update:
According to pub 543 they have to provide it:

Q8. How will a taxpayer know whether the solar energy device that he or she purchased and installed qualifies for the credit?
A8. The person who sells a solar energy device in Arizona must furnish a certificate to the buyer that the solar energy device complies with Arizona’s solar energy device requirements.

(sorry for the triple post)

Since we are talking taxes, here's a PSA: Cash App tax filing (formerly Credit Karma tax filing) does not support Arizona Form 310 to get the $1000 solar tax credit in Arizona. I learnt this after I had put in all my information and was reviewing before starting the filing. Have to re-do this all over again with another tax filing app! :-(