Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the maps are now avail at Tesla's site.

Needles is "coming soon" (i.e. a gray pin) on the "Today" map, and on the 2015 map

2015 map shows no additional Superchargers in AZ. But the 2016 map shows the 5 talked about above:
1) Page
2) Kayenta
3) Globa
4) Tucson
5) Benson

Looks like the maps are now avail at Tesla's site.

Needles is "coming soon" (i.e. a gray pin) on the "Today" map, and on the 2015 map

2015 map shows no additional Superchargers in AZ. But the 2016 map shows the 5 talked about above:
1) Page
2) Kayenta
3) Globa
4) Tucson
5) Benson
Nice prediction Matt! But it also looks like the Lordburg site got moved closer to Deming in NM and AZ lost the one slated for Heber-Payson.

Moving it to Deming is a bad idea in my opinion because it's 168 miles between Benson and Deming. A lot of that is hilly, and the speed limit is 75 so we'll be driving pretty fast.
The SpC doesn't axactly show Deming . . . the maps are so infuriatingly fuzzy that nobody at Tesla can be held accountable. How awesome it would be to have the Tesla Community participate in recommending locations! Tesla . . . are you listening?

Major Route from Colorado across UT and AZ to Quartzsite to avoid Las Vegas and Phoenix and show:

1. The Wickenburg cut-off with excellent completely rebuilt highways from 1-17 all the way to I-10.

2. Just where the Cordes SuperCharger is located - quick easy access with a 50s Diner and 2 other restaurants.

3. That it is indeed possible to avoid these 2 major traffic sinkholes.

NOTE: Tuba City does not yet have a SpC but Page AZ and Kayenta AZ are planned for 2016. Tuba City could serve both locations as well as Grand Canyon visitors. Tesla, please give us one soon! If only Page SpC gets built then the trip would be 77 miles longer (but still better than any other route).

Grand.Jctn.CO>Quartzsite.AZ=673mi.jpg

--

Last edited:
1) Page
2) Kayenta
3) Globe
4) Tucson
5) Benson

With 2016 coming to an end, it looks like only Page was added this year. Dissapointing -- I could have used one in Kayenta on two trips this year (and was in Page a couple months before it opened).

Tesla updated their maps recently to add 2017 -- and there are some changes. There are still pins on Kayenta and Benson, but the Globe and Tucson pins are now gone and replaced with Payson and Phoenix (likely the Tempe service center).

Can we have a shout-out and some love for a future and Hopeful Seligman, AZ Supercharger location (250 kW)?

It's a great midpoint between Flagstaff, AZ and Kingman, AZ. Seligman is on Route 66 and there is few things to do and view in the town while you are charging. Of course there is food, too. ( Seligman, Arizona - Wikipedia )

If it's a 250kW SC you can charge up quickly and skip full or slower SC on your way.

Going West from Seligman:
-----------------------------------
About 73 miles from Seligman, AZ to Kingman, AZ.
About 159 miles from Seligman, AZ to Needles, CA
About 215 miles from Seligman, AZ to Baker, CA
About 278 miles from Seligman, AZ to Barstow, CA **

Going North-West from Seligman:
About 134 miles from Seligman, AZ to Willow Beach, AZ (SC soon to open.)
About 164 miles from Seligman, AZ to Henderson, NV
About 180 miles from Seligman, AZ to Los Vegas, NV

Going East from Seligman:
About 76 miles from Seligman, AZ to Flagstaff, AZ
About 166 miles from Seligman, AZ to Holbrook, AZ
About 261 miles from Seligman, AZ to Gallup, NM **

Going South-East from Seligman:
About 102 miles from Seligman, AZ to Sedona, AZ
About 106 miles from Seligman, AZ to Cordes Lakes, AZ
About 136 miles from Seligman, AZ to New River, AZ
About 141 miles from Seligman, AZ to Wickenburg, AZ
About 169 miles from Seligman, AZ to Phoenix, AZ

Going North-East from Seligman:
About 96 miles from Seligman, AZ to Tusayan, AZ
About 206 miles from Seligman, AZ to Page, AZ

upload_2020-5-6_15-28-40.png

I don't see it listed on the future Tesla Superchargers list. Are there official plans for a site here?
A person at Seligman City Hall asked me to connect them to Tesla on a possible Supercharging station. So I did that and also submitted a request on Tesla's site to connect with them. Not heard anything since, but I keep hope alive.

Several superchargers in the valley are showing reduced service, the heat getting to the chargers?
It would seem likely. It is not uncommon for v2 superchargers to reduce power output in hot weather. This used to happen a lot more often in even moderately hot weather by Phoenix standards (90-100F and direct sunlight). The handle is often the component that overheats first so you might be able to cool it down and get a faster speed by putting a wet towel over the handle after you plug it into your car.

It would seem likely. It is not uncommon for v2 superchargers to reduce power output in hot weather. This used to happen a lot more often in even moderately hot weather by Phoenix standards (90-100F and direct sunlight). The handle is often the component that overheats first so you might be able to cool it down and get a faster speed by putting a wet towel over the handle after you plug it into your car.
Was at New River yesterday, only me and one other person. All of the cabinets were venting hot air even though they weren't occupied. It's hot out there!