Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Reduced Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) License Tax​

The vehicle license tax for an AFV registered in Arizona is $4 for every $100 in assessed value. The minimum amount of the annual AFV license tax is $5. AFV assessed values are determined as follows:

• AFVs registered prior to January 1, 2022: 1% of the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP)
  • AFVs initially registered between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022: 20% of the MSRP.
Currently my EDD is December 15 - January 04. If it is delivered in December, I will save $2033 over 5 years. This is not chump change. It will be nail-biting few months of waiting. The sooner Texas starts rolling out Model Y's the better!

Reactions: AZSTAD
Got my VIN Today. EDD is Sep 05 - Sep 10. First I got an email at 12:30 AM about payment and then mail and text at 8:30 for scheduling appointment. Delivery appointment window is Sep 09- Sep 11.
That is awesome. congrats. I’m waiting on MYP in Arizona too with EDD 9/7-9/24. Encouraging to see deliveries scheduled in Arizona.
Got my VIN this morning! Also, just received an email to schedule my delivery! BEST DAY EVER!
that’s awesome. What was your OD and build details? I’m in Phoenix too and have been stuck on EDD 9/10-9/24. My order date is 8/10. MYP White, black interior, No Tow, No FSD…

that’s awesome. What was your OD and build details? I’m in Phoenix too and have been stuck on EDD 9/10-9/24. My order date is 8/10. MYP White, black interior, No Tow, No FSD…
@vwalia - OD was 6/13 completed my profile 6/14. Build details: MYLR MSM, black interior, tow, no fsd, 20" IW. When I ordered back in June my original EDD was 9/5 - 9/25. EDD moved up and down multiple times. Late last week I noticed that my dates started shifting again but this time the EDD said 9/8 - 9/18. Woke up this morning to an email from Tesla asking me to complete my insurance info. Logged into my account and there was my VIN. An hour later I got a text and email about scheduling my delivery.

What was your original EDD? Has it moved around a lot for you too?

@vwalia - OD was 6/13 completed my profile 6/14. Build details: MYLR MSM, black interior, tow, no fsd, 20" IW. When I ordered back in June my original EDD was 9/5 - 9/25. EDD moved up and down multiple times. Late last week I noticed that my dates started shifting again but this time the EDD said 9/8 - 9/18. Woke up this morning to an email from Tesla asking me to complete my insurance info. Logged into my account and there was my VIN. An hour later I got a text and email about scheduling my delivery.

What was your original EDD? Has it moved around a lot for you too?
My original EDD was 8/28-9/15, but it changed a few times and the last change landed the EDD to 9/10-9/23. Let’s see what happens…

I took delivery today. The car was delivered to Chandler around noon. Ive been working and haven’t been able to give it a thorough look but upon first glance it looks great. Black/Black, 5 seater, no tow, with 19” wheels. Order date was on 5/22, vin arrived on 9/4.
Keep us posted if you find anything. My delivery date is Monday 9/13. They offered free home delivery so I took it. Hoping for no issues.

Ordered MYLR white on white on 8/25. I have a feeling I’ll be waiting a while. 😢
Probably, but be ready to act if they get in touch with you earlier than you expected. I ordered in May and was expecting August or so, then suddenly in June they had a VIN for me. I couldn't take it because of travel so I went on hold for 3-4 weeks and that basically reset the queue.

If you are waiting for your car, it is good time to call/visit showroom to find about the existing inventory. At the end of every quarter, Tesla sells their demo cars. This quarter Tesla got a huge number of demo cars and I personally saw them. When I spoke last, they asked me to call this week to check.

Reactions: AB21

Multiple websites show that.​

For AFVs registered prior to Jan. 1, 2022:​

The vehicle license tax (VLT) for an AFV has a rate of $4 per $100 of assessed valuation, which is determined by the following: For the first year, the assessed value is 1% of the factory list price (MSRP) of the AFV. For subsequent years, the assessed value depreciates 15% each year. The minimum VLT for an AFV registration is $5.

For AFVs registered between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2022:​

The vehicle license tax (VLT) for an AFV has a rate of $4 per $100 of assessed valuation, which is determined by the following: For the first year, the assessed value is 20% of the factory list price (MSRP) of the AFV. For subsequent years, the assessed value depreciates 15% each year. The minimum VLT for an AFV registration is $5.

For AFVs registered after Dec. 31, 2022:​

The vehicle license tax (VLT) for an AFV will be calculated using the same formula used for traditional cars and trucks. The VLT has a rate of $2.80 per $100 of assessed valuation, which is determined by the following:

• For the first year, the assessed value is 60% of the factory list price (MSRP) of the AFV.Calculating Vehicle License Tax for Alternative Fuel Vehicles
  • For subsequent years, the assessed value depreciates 16.25% each year and the VLT has a rate of $2.89 per $100.
  • The minimum VLT for registration is $10.

Reduced Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) License Tax​

The vehicle license tax for an AFV registered in Arizona is $4 for every $100 in assessed value. The minimum amount of the annual AFV license tax is $5. AFV assessed values are determined as follows:

• AFVs registered prior to January 1, 2022: 1% of the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP)
  • AFVs initially registered between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022: 20% of the MSRP.
I was happy to see MYLR order change the original EDD from January 2022 yesterday to Sept 9-29. This way I can take advantage of the lower fees!

Picked up my MY at the Raintree location on Wednesday (9/8) @ 5pm -- 124 days after ordering. The car was perfect -- no issues found. After the drive back to Tucson, the front of the car (and windshield) was covered in bugs -- washed the car for the first time this morning.

Was the car worth the wait? Yes! Does it erase the memory of the long wait with no communication from Tesla? No -- I'm still a little bitter about that. (I know, I know, a first world problem. But, I'm a first world guy! :D)

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
Keep us posted if you find anything. My delivery date is Monday 9/13. They offered free home delivery so I took it. Hoping for no issues.
Hope you get it and it is not pushed back. I didn’t find any defects that I thought needed fixing. I had the PPF and tint done at Hyer Quality Detail a day after delivery and think it looks amazing. Thank you @TheSackLakeKid for mentioning them. I was looking for a place in the east valley that did XPEL XR Plus and had experience with Teslas.

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
Currently my EDD is December 15 - January 04. If it is delivered in December, I will save $2033 over 5 years. This is not chump change. It will be nail-biting few months of waiting. The sooner Texas starts rolling out Model Y's the better!
My EDD shows the same and shared the same concern. Was considering upgrade to MYP to ensure it arrives this year - but I just can't justify the increase for my daily commute vehicle that I put 70+ miles a day on.

Then...
1. I received a text message saying that my delivery location has now changed to the new Service & Delivery center just North of the Cardinals Stadium.

2. I went back to the Tesla store to test drive the Performance. The rep that I worked with on the first test drive and purchase did me a "favor" by looking at something to say that it is "likely" to be completed in factor and ship on Dec 23 with arrival to delivery center on Dec 25.

He also stated that the change to new delivery center may have improved my delivery date.

Nice Christmas present I must say!!!

@dnnout patiently waiting for my home delivery today. Thanks for the ppf/tint recommendation, I was looking for one. How long were you Model Yless? What'd you end up getting?
I got the full front PPF and all windows except the roof. I dropped it of Friday morning and had it back Saturday 1PM. I asked them to color match the front and back. 70/20/70
6D88D016-0D1B-4AB6-8D16-209AC4914C66.jpeg
E50AFF08-36B1-453C-BB90-63B8632E501F.jpeg

Reactions: pinalp80 and AB21