Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing @dnnout

Any particular reason for not doing the roof?

Thanks.
I’m still unsure if it leads to cracking. I’ve read it can because of the extra heat on the glass instead of it going into the cabin. I’ve also read that it is only going to crack if there is a imperfection in the glass that would have cracked eventually as well as it will not lead to cracks. Since summer is almost over, hopefully I figured I’d wait to see if I even felt a difference. I got my tiny the day after I took delivery so I just decided to wait on it.

Reactions: AB21 and pinalp80
I’m still unsure if it leads to cracking. I’ve read it can because of the extra heat on the glass instead of it going into the cabin. I’ve also read that it is only going to crack if there is a imperfection in the glass that would have cracked eventually as well as it will not lead to cracks. Since summer is almost over, hopefully I figured I’d wait to see if I even felt a difference. I got my tiny the day after I took delivery so I just decided to wait on it.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts @dnnout Appreciate it.

Good evening all….my first post in the community! Just ordered my MY earlier today. MYLRP/Red Multi-Coat/Black/21”/FSD. You guys can grade me on my abbreviations later, lol. Still navigating the forums and learning. Looking forward to getting alot of helpful info and contributing as well.

@dnnout: How was your overall experience with HQD? They are who I’m considering going to for my ceramic coating, PPF, & tint.

Reactions: pinalp80
@dnnout: How was your overall experience with HQD? They are who I’m considering going to for my ceramic coating, PPF, & tint.
Initial impressions are that the car look and service are great. I compare the tint to my wife’s 3M crystalline and like the look of the Xpel XR plus. Getting the windshield done is noticeable with the heat. If the work done still looks good after a few months I would choose them again.

Same here. I have heard good things/review about HQD so am strongly considering them for tint etc.
@dnnout Based on Tesla's latest EDD, I am still about 1-1.5 months away from getting my car, so, please let us know/update if you run into any issues with the HQD and/or the tint material (though I understand a month or two may not be that long of time in this case :)). Lets hope no issues :D

On a somewhat different note, has anyone in this AZ waiting room received their VIN (or better yet their MY) lately?

I believe there is at least one who took their MY delivery in the last 1-2 weeks. For that person, any delivery experience, reviews, do(s)/dont(s) during the first 1-2 weeks of having their car.

Thanks.

Same here. I have heard good things/review about HQD so am strongly considering them for tint etc.
@dnnout Based on Tesla's latest EDD, I am still about 1-1.5 months away from getting my car, so, please let us know/update if you run into any issues with the HQD and/or the tint material (though I understand a month or two may not be that long of time in this case :)). Lets hope no issues :D
Absolutely. @pinalp80, are there other shops that you’re considering? They told me at HQD that they give discounts to Tesla owners, specifically. @dnnout: did you do any comparisons? Was the prices at HQD a factor? Did you receive a discount?

On a somewhat different note, has anyone in this AZ waiting room received their VIN (or better yet their MY) lately?

I believe there is at least one who took their MY delivery in the last 1-2 weeks. For that person, any delivery experience, reviews, do(s)/dont(s) during the first 1-2 weeks of having their car.

Thanks.
I recently took delivery on 9/13. They offered home delivery so I took it. Overall delivery experience was smooth. They called me 45 mins in advance. The Tesla employee called when she was outside, had me sign a few papers and was gone within 15 mins. She asked that I document any issues and create a service ticket via the app (was told I had 24 hrs to put in service ticket) I currently have a service appointment 2 weeks out. I caught a few minor scratches that need fixed but nothing serious.

Things I noticed within 1 week of ownership:
Small paint chips in the front by the Tesla logo after driving the first few miles. I’m going to be adding full front ppf and install mud flaps. I also noticed that the car gets extremely hot inside (as well as the door handles when left outside) I noticed this while I was at the grocery store for no more than 25 mins. When I got back inside the car it was hot! Weather that day was about 104-108 ish. I’m going to be adding window tint to help cool off the car. The glass roof also gets hot when car left outside. Just things to keep in mind.

I waited exactly 3 months from order to delivery. Definitely worth the wait! About 1 week in and I it’s the best car I’ve ever purchased!

If you’ve made it this far into my post, thanks for reading. Hope this helps.

Reactions: dnnout and pinalp80
I recently took delivery on 9/13. They offered home delivery so I took it. Overall delivery experience was smooth. They called me 45 mins in advance. The Tesla employee called when she was outside, had me sign a few papers and was gone within 15 mins. She asked that I document any issues and create a service ticket via the app (was told I had 24 hrs to put in service ticket) I currently have a service appointment 2 weeks out. I caught a few minor scratches that need fixed but nothing serious.

Small paint chips in the front by the Tesla logo after driving the first few miles. I’m going to be adding full front ppf and install mud flaps. I also noticed that the car gets extremely hot inside (as well as the door handles when left outside) I noticed this while I was at the grocery store for no more than 25 mins. When I got back inside the car it was hot! Weather that day was about 104-108 ish. I’m going to be adding window tint to help cool off the car. The glass roof also gets hot when car left outside. Just things to keep in mind.

I waited exactly 3 months from order to delivery. Definitely worth the wait! About 1 week in and I it’s the best car I’ve ever purchased!

Uh you bought a black car in AZ of course it’s hot all the time. You needed white. White interior too. Window tint as well

Reactions: AB21

Don’t forget the cabin cool option. Helps too. Or a sunshade from Amazon

Wow! I ordered a blue on white MYLR only 2 days later and I have EDD of December 18 - January 07. I almost went with white paint and would have if I thought I would get the car 3 months sooner.
Ordered my MYLR, white on white, 5 seat, 20” wheels on 8/24. Original EDD was January and yesterday logged in to see new EDD OF 9/9-29. Getting excited.
Just checking this wow how did yours change so fast? Mine still says December.

I ordered my MYLR 20 in wheels, white exterior black interior, 7 seat on 8/31. Original EDD was January. After a week, EDD was 12/08 - 01/05, disappeared for 5 days and then displayed 12/16 - 1/05 for a week and EDD is gone again yesterday