Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arkansas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand what your saying but still weird they can't plan 3 at the same time.. Why get 1 done just to start even the permit process on another? It's possible like some of the other superchargers that they already have it permitted and in process and might pull a rabbit out of the hat, but odds point to not being started yet.
Remember the permits arent announced by Tesla. They are discovered by people. Just this week the permit in Minor, MO was discovered and a day or two later the construction began. That means the permit was in process for awhile before it was discovered. Pearl, MS is another example. It was never discovered during permitting or construction. Wasnt discovered until it was construction complete.

• Helpful
Reactions: jvonbokel
I have some great news. I sent an e-mail to Supercharger at Tesla.com and got the following response:

-------------------
Date: Friday, December 2, 2016 at 7:46 PM
To: Ray Smith <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Superchargers in Arkansas

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your email. We are in the final stages on construction for our Little Rock Supercharger Station, and we are certainly committed to establishing the network throughout the state. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers, especially in Arkansas, and we are excited to announce new sites on our website.

If you have specific property suggestions elsewhere in Arkansas, please submit the information directly to our Developer Team here. We use precise energy modeling to determine areas that are candidates for Superchargers and will reach out to you or the property owner via email if the site fits well with our route plan.

Keep checking our website for new site announcements; we appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

Does that imply there is a SuperCharger under construction somewhere in Little Rock right now?

What a different a preposition makes.

I took it to mean that they'll have the construction beginning soon. From Tesla's point of view there's a lot of paperwork and contracts to sort out before construction can begin so I'd think they'd see the actual construction as the easy bit.

What a different a preposition makes.

I took it to mean that they'll have the construction beginning soon. From Tesla's point of view there's a lot of paperwork and contracts to sort out before construction can begin so I'd think they'd see the actual construction as the easy bit.

In the past when Tesla has volunteered that a station was under construction (much less the "final stages"), that has meant that the station was basically done and very near to opening. If they haven't started construction they say something like "nearing the construction phase". I would expect the station to be open within a week, but we'll see what happens.

Hope over to the Texas forums. I think we've got a bunch of info, there in regards to getting off the "Great Texas Supercharger Island"

Texarkana should start construction soon, and Little Rock isn't far behind.

Here is the message that i received from Tesla. They said that the Little Rock Supercharger is in the final stages of construction.
-------------------

Date: Friday, December 2, 2016 at 7:46 PM
To: S85D
Subject: RE: Superchargers in Arkansas

Thank you for your email. We are in the final stages on construction for our Little Rock Supercharger Station, and we are certainly committed to establishing the network throughout the state. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers, especially in Arkansas, and we are excited to announce new sites on our website.

If you have specific property suggestions elsewhere in Arkansas, please submit the information directly to our Developer Team here. We use precise energy modeling to determine areas that are candidates for Superchargers and will reach out to you or the property owner via email if the site fits well with our route plan.

Keep checking our website for new site announcements; we appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

I ran across this curious post on the web site of the Hot Springs Mall from November 26th 2016:

I sent an e-mail to mall management for clarification - does anyone here know what this might be referring to or if maybe it's just wildly wrong?

Here is the response I got back from the Hot Springs Mall:

Unfortunately I do not have a Tesla Charger, of any kind, on the property. This is actually tied to another of our properties, in another state. I am working with our website administrator to get this corrected. I hope it hasn't caused you an inconvenience.

In addition, I will contact Tesla to see if there is interest in placing a charger at the mall.