Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arlo Security Camera feed on Tesla Browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been able to make the live video feed from an Arlo Security Camera work on the Tesla browser?

I have to back out of my driveway and I would like to place to Arlo security camera facing both directions of the road so I can tell if there is traffic while I back up my car.

If anyone has figured out a better security camera video solution that works with the Tesla browser, please let me know.

How about just mirrors?

Would be too conspicuous and I may not be able to see them clearly with sight line issues with the car's side-view mirrors. The benefit of having two cameras pointing either direction from my driveway is that I can place them anywhere I want with the best possible view. As an added bonus I also have security footage of anything that happens around my house as well. While I have cameras attached to the house, these cameras will pick up license plates of anyone who drives up to or walks toward the house.

So if I can get the video image from the two cameras into the Tesla browser, that would be ideal as I can pull up the camera feed as I back up and know if the road is clear. This would be especially useful if car is parked and blocking my view from the car completely...

Tesla is not going to want you burning that kind of bandwidth so I doubt you will ever see support from that perspective.
Believe the car drops off home wifi when you put it in gear.

The iPad solution suggested above seems like a good idea unless you are in Cali and it would be stolen every other day.

Tesla is not going to want you burning that kind of bandwidth so I doubt you will ever see support from that perspective.
Believe the car drops off home wifi when you put it in gear.

The iPad solution suggested above seems like a good idea unless you are in Cali and it would be stolen every other day.

I'm hoping for a more integrated solution that is easier... I can also take out my phone and access the feed but that's extra work.

So I guess there is no way to get a video feed from security cameras on the Tesla browser...

Has anyone been able to make the live video feed from an Arlo Security Camera work on the Tesla browser?

I have to back out of my driveway and I would like to place to Arlo security camera facing both directions of the road so I can tell if there is traffic while I back up my car.

If anyone has figured out a better security camera video solution that works with the Tesla browser, please let me know.
Arlo is not a live feed camera. It picks up a few seconds only.
Avoid Apple - use Android. You want an OPEN source system.

• Disagree
Reactions: Derek Kessler
I can't imagine any scenario using the car's browser and internet connection that wouldn't result in unacceptable latency for something as time sensitive as checking traffic when backing out of a driveway.

I think you are right... Even if I end up setting up POE cameras, there could be Internet/browser latency and even if there is a 2 second delay, that's not really going to work. Need to figure out a different solution, as if a neighbor parks right next to my driveway, it totally blocks my view.

I guess the ideal solution would have been if the Model S had cross traffic alerts with rear corner radar.

Not going to happen. It is illegal to have video available to the driver. I know in thi case that’s not what’s happening, but how does the car know

Isn’t the rear camera view when backing up technically video available to the driver? Wouldn’t a webcam feed of the road with traffic behind be treated the same?

I suppose PhilDavid could stand behind the car and summon it out. Assuming no traffic hit him, it should be safe for the car.