Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Army of supercharger employees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just wondering out loud here....What incentive is there for an urban owner such as yourself NOT to use the slot of an SpC as a hyperconvenient overnight parking site....to the hyperannoyance of someone who needs to go there to charge once you're filled up?

You're on to a good question here. At TMC Connect, Diarmuid O'Connell mentioned that finding charging options for those who don't have off-street parking (he specifically mentioned NYC and London) is a problem that Tesla is working hard to solve. That's why we see two superchargers so close to each other in London. Tesla is re-thinking the use of Superchargers as road-trip-only solutions.

During the Hong Kong launch event this week, local staff said that there would be 10+ Superchargers in Hong Kong. For such a small territory, that seems to be a pretty thorough blanketing. Enough to avoid any worries about charging in one's own car park, I think. Don't get me wrong, it would be way better to have a private charging station at your own parking space, but in Hong Kong, it's an especially complicated undertaking for most people who live in high rise apartments and condos.