Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arnold Schwarzenegger Sent Greta Thunberg an Electric Car (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Sent Activist Greta Thunberg an Electric Car

"Schwarzenegger admitted to being "starstruck" when he met Thunberg in Austria earlier this year, and pledged to do whatever he could to help Thunberg — even offering to lend her his electric Hummer during her visit to the United States....

That initial offer ended up being slightly impractical; a spokesperson for Schwarzenegger has said "getting his electric Hummer across the country would be quite a challenge so it isn't his personal car." So instead, Schwarzenegger arranged for Thunberg to have a Tesla Model 3 at her disposal as she made her way from the United States to a climate rally in Montreal, ensuring that she could get around in as environmentally friendly a way as possible."

Quite appropriate I'd say :)

Greta's parents ought to be locked up for screwing up the child's childhood. Child abuse in a very real way.
I am disgusted with the people ruining little kids view of living.

"One" word cancels out the global warming worry, nuclear power. That along with science designing co2 scrubbing. Then we can spend the fortunes we have wasted on climate crying on cleaning up the environment.
Now, take back all the anxiety-ridden kids, back to a happy outlook on living. Once they turn 16 then you can START feeling that teenagers are a problem and you really don't want them in the house.

I agree that nuclear power needs to be reconsidered but before you blame her parents for her total focus on climate change you should reconsider what aspergers is

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KerryOH
I agree that nuclear power needs to be reconsidered but before you blame her parents for her total focus on climate change you should reconsider what aspergers is
Yea the way we did here in Georgia on Plant Vogtle. We have $27,000,000,000.00 sunk and expected to increase. YES that is $27 BILLION dollars with MORE to come for a power plant that doesn't produce power. And the best part is Westinghouse went belly up and now there is no core manufacture. So we continue to move dirt around and budget more money to keep it going with little hope it will ever produce a singe Watt of power.

Last edited:
Reactions: vickh and bijan
Yea the way we did here is Georgia on Plant Vogtle. We have $27,000,000,000.00 and expected to increase. YES that is $27 BILLION dollars with MORE to come for a power plant. And the best part is Westinghouse went belly up and now there is no core manufacture. So we continue to move dirt around and budget more money to keep it going with little hope it will ever produce a singe Watt of power.

that’s an example of poor management not an issue with nuclear power.

ngogas said:
great gentleman

Maria Shriver probably disagrees with you. You are disqualified from the great gentleman category when you are banging and fathering a child with the family nanny. :)

On the other hand, the nanny/housekeep would disagree with you, "MXWing", and would likely endorse "ngogas" position.
;)

Personally, I am 50/50 on the Arnie's claim to sainthood.

I might be more in favor, if he had also paid for the airline tickets to fly the crew of Greta's zero-carbon boat back to/from Germany for free:
Greta's Atlantic trip won't save emissions as crew to fly to bring boat back

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Greta's parents ought to be locked up for screwing up the child's childhood. Child abuse in a very real way.

"One" word cancels out the global warming worry, nuclear power. That along with science designing co2 scrubbing. Then we can spend the fortunes we have wasted on climate crying on cleaning up the environment.
Now, take back all the anxiety-ridden kids, back to a happy outlook on living. Once they turn 16 then you can START feeling that teenagers are a problem and you really don't want them in the house.
Well two words cancel nuclear power, nuclear waste. We still have no viable way to deal with the waste generated by today’s nuclear power. I lean toward fusion power myself, that is where the future lies.

Apart from we've had Nuclear power for ~70 years and its still unsafe and expensive and no closer to solving climate change than my cat is.

...I lean toward fusion power myself, that is where the future lies.
Yes perfect power and 30 years ago it was just 30 years away. Today it is now ONLY 30 years away. We do have a great fusion reactor that puts out more power than we will likely ever need. All we have to do is collect and store this power and we could have almost free limitless energy. Just divert almost all resources and subsidies from fossil and put towards it and in just a decade or two we could be close to an oversupply of cheep and clean energy.