Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arnott AS-3380 suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following...

My left side front air strut is rattling like a mofo (and no, is not the stabilizer bar links, I already replaced those). Its just an annoying rattle over bumps.

Local service center said they thought it was design flaw in the strut, but I am out of warranty so they want like 900 for it.

I feel you. The same thing happened to me.
But the expensive new struts (1067361-77-C) seem to have the same issue after a few months:
So I'm looking for an alternative...

I changed my front struts for the Arnott AS-3380. It's been now 3 months and so far, they are excellent!
The riding is excellent and the weird noise from the suspension is gone ;) Very happy.
Even my Tesla SC noticed that the ride is better ;)
I'm planning to get the rear ones (AS-3381) to replace my old struts as one is starting to lose air...

Last edited:
I just changed the rear ones. Well, I'm very pleased ;) The ride is (much) better ;)
Smoother ride, less road noise, seems more responsive on turns. Best of all, no more weird suspension noises...
My Tesla feels just more "solid" on the road.
Very happy ;)
Note: my Model S is 2016 with AP1 and almost 150,000 km. So the struts were probably a bit worn out. But my EV garage is used to drive a lot of Teslas are they were amazingly surprised with the results. Let's see how they handle in the long run ;)

I just changed the rear ones. Well, I'm very pleased ;) The ride is (much) better ;)
Smoother ride, less road noise, seems more responsive on turns. Best of all, no more weird suspension noises...
My Tesla feels just more "solid" on the road.
Very happy ;)
Note: my Model S is 2016 with AP1 and almost 150,000 km. So the struts were probably a bit worn out. But my EV garage is used to drive a lot of Teslas are they were amazingly surprised with the results. Let's see how they handle in the long run ;)
Hi!
Curious about the Arnott struts you have changed - still good?
Rattling noise still gone?
Martin

Thanks for sharing your experience with the aftermarket product. I think I´m going to continue with my rattling OEM ones for the moment...:confused:
However - quite disappointing that Tesla doesn´t provide a sustainable fix for this common problem that has been around already for many years now...

Reactions: jacie6056