Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arnott AS-3380 suspension

Following...

My left side front air strut is rattling like a mofo (and no, is not the stabilizer bar links, I already replaced those). Its just an annoying rattle over bumps.

Local service center said they thought it was design flaw in the strut, but I am out of warranty so they want like 900 for it.

I feel you. The same thing happened to me.
But the expensive new struts (1067361-77-C) seem to have the same issue after a few months:
So I'm looking for an alternative...

I changed my front struts for the Arnott AS-3380. It's been now 3 months and so far, they are excellent!
The riding is excellent and the weird noise from the suspension is gone ;) Very happy.
Even my Tesla SC noticed that the ride is better ;)
I'm planning to get the rear ones (AS-3381) to replace my old struts as one is starting to lose air...

Last edited:
I just changed the rear ones. Well, I'm very pleased ;) The ride is (much) better ;)
Smoother ride, less road noise, seems more responsive on turns. Best of all, no more weird suspension noises...
My Tesla feels just more "solid" on the road.
Very happy ;)
Note: my Model S is 2016 with AP1 and almost 150,000 km. So the struts were probably a bit worn out. But my EV garage is used to drive a lot of Teslas are they were amazingly surprised with the results. Let's see how they handle in the long run ;)

I just changed the rear ones. Well, I'm very pleased ;) The ride is (much) better ;)
Smoother ride, less road noise, seems more responsive on turns. Best of all, no more weird suspension noises...
My Tesla feels just more "solid" on the road.
Very happy ;)
Note: my Model S is 2016 with AP1 and almost 150,000 km. So the struts were probably a bit worn out. But my EV garage is used to drive a lot of Teslas are they were amazingly surprised with the results. Let's see how they handle in the long run ;)
Hi!
Curious about the Arnott struts you have changed - still good?
Rattling noise still gone?
Martin

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC