TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Arrival times keeps moving?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by 10dot, Aug 30, 2018.

1. 10dot

10dot Member

When I ordered my my model S back at the beginning of June it said "end of August" delivery. My OA had originally told me he expected it to arrive at the local store on Monday (8/27). After it didn't arrive Monday he updated me with a date of today (the 30th).

I received another email today that it again hasn't arrived yet with no updated date.

Is it normal to have an arrival date continue shifting after they've said "we expect it to arrive at your store on X date"? I'm not in-the-know about Tesla's specific delivery logistics, but anything I've ever personally shipped including freight has had a much more accurate date when it gets this close.

2. tstafford

tstafford Supporting Member

Mines moving too. Configurator said “late August” when I ordered, DS said 8/27 when car shipped then cancelled appointment on 8/26. Now 9/7.

3. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer Member

Yes this is normal, Tesla is slow. Unfortunately the delivery process still hasn't improved even through the years from what I have researched. Every one says just stay patient and it will be worth it, I hope they improve their delivery and sales in the future though.

• Love x 1
  4. Sawyerd

Sawyerd Member

If it makes you feel any better, I ordered end of June as well and haven’t heard anything from my new DS; my original DS told me the car would be delivered first week of September. Considering that is next week, it is safe to say that isn’t happening. I can’t even get a reply to an email from the new DS. It is really leaving a sour taste. Any response is better than radio silence.

• Love x 1
  5. 10dot

10dot Member

Yeah, it's really a poor experience for such an expensive car. I'm totally fine with waiting X months, but once X months have passed I expect a more accurate delivery estimate than "not today".

• Love x 1
  6. MacGreiner

What you don't want is getting it delayed into the EOFY rush. Notorious for increased quality issues as they frantically try and get Tesla into the promised Q3 profit.

7. 10dot

10dot Member

To be completely fair to Tesla, my actual OA has been awesome about keeping me updated whenever the status changes. It just seems the information he gets isn't super accurate.