Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arrival times keeps moving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered my my model S back at the beginning of June it said "end of August" delivery. My OA had originally told me he expected it to arrive at the local store on Monday (8/27). After it didn't arrive Monday he updated me with a date of today (the 30th).

I received another email today that it again hasn't arrived yet with no updated date.

Is it normal to have an arrival date continue shifting after they've said "we expect it to arrive at your store on X date"? I'm not in-the-know about Tesla's specific delivery logistics, but anything I've ever personally shipped including freight has had a much more accurate date when it gets this close.

Yes this is normal, Tesla is slow. Unfortunately the delivery process still hasn't improved even through the years from what I have researched. Every one says just stay patient and it will be worth it, I hope they improve their delivery and sales in the future though.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
If it makes you feel any better, I ordered end of June as well and haven’t heard anything from my new DS; my original DS told me the car would be delivered first week of September. Considering that is next week, it is safe to say that isn’t happening. I can’t even get a reply to an email from the new DS. It is really leaving a sour taste. Any response is better than radio silence.

• Love
Yes this is normal, Tesla is slow. Unfortunately the delivery process still hasn't improved even through the years from what I have researched. Every one says just stay patient and it will be worth it, I hope they improve their delivery and sales in the future though.

Yeah, it's really a poor experience for such an expensive car. I'm totally fine with waiting X months, but once X months have passed I expect a more accurate delivery estimate than "not today".

• Love