Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arrived earlier at work today and made a sticker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, time for updates.

First I would like to apologize to people which stickers were sent last week. When originally printed the first batch I just nested them in existing print job without checking any settings. It turned out that this particular job has custom color profile made for it /non standard/ and the round sticker swings in to green hue more than I like. First I assumed that the reason for that is in the raw images used aince I just layered the design without any adjustments to them. Then I found out about the custom color profile and all cleared up in my head. I reprinted the round sticker with "standard" color profile and it looks different:

IMG_9860.JPG

As you can see the left has green hue.

I will issue a volunteer recall for the round stickers that was sent out. If someone who got greenish sticker does not like them I will send him/her new one.

I did test printed the bumper sticker in red logo with white/black letterings on respectively white and black background and I like them both:

IMG_9861.JPG

For size reference one square on the table is 1x1". Let me know what do you think.

As I post this the batch of round stickers is going out of the printer. They still have to laminatedand cut but it will be done today

IMG_9857.JPG

Since I never expected such interest in them I didn't think of all the time it takes to copy addresses and print labels from all the PM's I got. I am thinking in automating this process as much as possible in order to make it more convenient. I have website which is set for automating this process and easily can put the stickers there. I send message to the admin of this forum to ask for permission /will provide direct link so no advertising or selling anything/ but still no answer from him.

Last edited:
View attachment 280211
Got the sticker today. Put the falcon heavy on my sons radio flyer. Thanks again!! Still trying to figure out exactly where to put the don’t panic sticker. Too bad “my other cars a spaceship wasn’t part of the first batch”
Thanks again! Much appreciated
he is now ready for take off :)

it looks huge on the radio flyer!

I installed don't panic on my rear window by lower edge of the glass in the middle. I can't se it from inside in the mirror since it is hidden by the middle headrest on back row seats /model s/

• Helpful
Reactions: ICON
I will start mailing out stickers requests today.

Also today I will print some bumper stickers to include with the set.

Unless specified otherwise the included bumper sticker will be with white background / #savetheblackink ;) /

For those of you that are environmentally friendly there is short info regarding print technology used for printing this stickers:

There are two main print technology used for printing on adhesive vinyl - solvent/eco solvent and latex. Solvent/eco solvent technology uses solvents to bond the inks to the vinyl. Eco solvend is not so eco, just uses milder solvents. Solvents are toxic and working with them requires good air filtration. Latex printing does not use any solvents. The pigments and latex particals are suspended in water /this is not aquarious print/. It outgases water only. The bind of the ink to the vinyl is achieved by backing the inks which evaporates all the water. Latex prints are as durable as solvents or more durable. Latex printing does not require any special ventilation or air filtration and does not release toxins.

We use latex printer so stickers are green :)

Beside environmental aspects there is a bit more info on the process:

All the stickers are laminated for outdoor use /solvent/eco solvent prints also require lamination for outdoor use/. Stickers are digitally cut to shape. We do not use cheep no brand vinyl. For sticker print like this we use Arlon branded vinyl.

Acho thanks for educating on the printing. At one point in my life many years ago I worked in a print shop but the design area but can attest to the strong chemicals used coming from the print area. As mentioned in my PM happy to help defray the cost (especially in light of the black background design). Any issues applying these to something like Xpel?

I believe all the requested stickers were mailed out.

It took longer than I expected but I hope I didn't mess it up ;)

If someone requested stickers using PM but did not receive shipping confirmation back from me let me know and I will take care.

Contacted site admin asking if it is OK to make web page to help mailing stickers and he said that "Sounds basically ok" so if there are more people who would like set of stickers please use this link: Tesla/Falcon Heavy Stickers | ShockWave Print

This is not an attempt to advertise or sell anything :)