TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Arrrggghhh....two points of frustration...

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Argelius, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Argelius

Argelius Member

I'm two weeks away from taking delivery and I'm going INSANE for two reasons:

[1] If I get another email or facebook comment from someone who "alerts" me that a Tesla caught fire, I'm going to scream. (Paraphrasing my response, "cars catch fire all the time and nobody cares; the MS caught fire AFTER hitting a big metallic object in the road; and the car operated as designed -- told the occupant to exit the vehicle; confined the battery fire to one battery subset; and no fire actually entered the interior.

and more importantly,

[2] The two week wait is killing me!!!!

:smile:

2. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

Think of it this way....all those people warning you, clearly love and care about you. And, you won't have to share your car with them. :biggrin:

3. texex91

texex91 Banned

Ask them what brand they drive and tell them the good news is probably 10-15 caught fire today, as 155,000 cars catch fire every year, and only 1 Tesla S has.

4. lorih

lorih Member

After two days of reading about the car fire on a bunch of different threads here, this is the first one to make me smile. Thanks Krugerrand!:biggrin:

5. kota23

kota23 Member

In the same boat here Argelius, but only 1 week from delivery. Got the email from a co-worker about the fire yesterday, I responded that I was looking for an opportunity to buy back into the stock and this seemed to be it. Everyone freaks out and sells, then calmer minds prevail and realize that cars catch fire all the time and the price recovers. When they announce 3rd quarter results and we both have our cars, the fire will be old news.

6. jak

jak Member

I'm one week from delivery, too. I find that staying busy either at work or at home and having my mind heavily focused on other things help the days go by faster and makes the waiting not as painful.

As for the over-hyped car fire... If it had spontaneously combusted and/or it exploded, that would be worth paying attention to... but this one is a lot of fuss over one car fire due to an accident and the media is freaking out all over it like a drama queen. :scared:

This is truly Tesla psychosis from the media and one for the tabloids.

7. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

No need to thank me, just send positive rep because it's only a matter of time until I upset someone. :biggrin:

But seriously, there's always another way to look at a situation. People ultimately can decide to make it negative or find the silver lining.

8. kota23

kota23 Member

And just got email from DS, delivery pushed back a week................I need many strong drinks immediately.

9. texex91

texex91 Banned

Come in off the ledge!!!!

However it is Friday, so a cocktail or two may not hurt.

They may still surprise you on the date--almost everyone has been early. They are coming off the big Q3 push--but excuses don't help I understand.

10. kota23

kota23 Member

Yes hoping they are being very cautious and may surprise me, but I'm also pushing hard for a loaner in the mean time. May have to be an EQ Friday to calm the nerves.

11. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Gee, it never occurred to me to just ask for positive rep!

12. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

It's all about being proactive. Besides, Mommy always said if you don't ask you'll never be pleasantly surprised by the ocassional 'yes'.

13. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

And this is why men keep trying after getting shot down often enough that it feels like a semi-automatic barrage of bullets.

(And no, not me. I'm too shy for the fail rate to be statistically interesting.)

14. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Isn't that grounds for a negative rep point? :wink:

15. Argelius

Argelius Member

Yay. I'm now in production (as of 10/5 for a 10/21 delivery).

16. texex91

texex91 Banned

AWESOME!

17. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

Well, Mommy also said that if a man asks more than a reasonable number of times (for me that was once) then he should be dealt with accordingly. :biggrin:

Of course, not you. :rolleyes:

18. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Hehe.

Note to self: Never get in kneeing range of Krugerrand when she's in a bad mood.

19. Argelius

Argelius Member

A momentous day. My last gasoline fill-up!

Image-1.jpg

20. texex91

texex91 Banned

Bye bye gas station hello electric company.