Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arrrggghhh....two points of frustration...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm two weeks away from taking delivery and I'm going INSANE for two reasons:

[1] If I get another email or facebook comment from someone who "alerts" me that a Tesla caught fire, I'm going to scream. (Paraphrasing my response, "cars catch fire all the time and nobody cares; the MS caught fire AFTER hitting a big metallic object in the road; and the car operated as designed -- told the occupant to exit the vehicle; confined the battery fire to one battery subset; and no fire actually entered the interior.

and more importantly,

[2] The two week wait is killing me!!!!

:smile:

I'm two weeks away from taking delivery and I'm going INSANE for two reasons:

[1] If I get another email or facebook comment from someone who "alerts" me that a Tesla caught fire, I'm going to scream. (Paraphrasing my response, "cars catch fire all the time and nobody cares; the MS caught fire AFTER hitting a big metallic object in the road; and the car operated as designed -- told the occupant to exit the vehicle; confined the battery fire to one battery subset; and no fire actually entered the interior.

and more importantly,

[2] The two week wait is killing me!!!!

:smile:

Ask them what brand they drive and tell them the good news is probably 10-15 caught fire today, as 155,000 cars catch fire every year, and only 1 Tesla S has.

In the same boat here Argelius, but only 1 week from delivery. Got the email from a co-worker about the fire yesterday, I responded that I was looking for an opportunity to buy back into the stock and this seemed to be it. Everyone freaks out and sells, then calmer minds prevail and realize that cars catch fire all the time and the price recovers. When they announce 3rd quarter results and we both have our cars, the fire will be old news.

I'm one week from delivery, too. I find that staying busy either at work or at home and having my mind heavily focused on other things help the days go by faster and makes the waiting not as painful.

As for the over-hyped car fire... If it had spontaneously combusted and/or it exploded, that would be worth paying attention to... but this one is a lot of fuss over one car fire due to an accident and the media is freaking out all over it like a drama queen. :scared:

This is truly Tesla psychosis from the media and one for the tabloids.

After two days of reading about the car fire on a bunch of different threads here, this is the first one to make me smile. Thanks Krugerrand!:biggrin:

No need to thank me, just send positive rep because it's only a matter of time until I upset someone. :biggrin:

But seriously, there's always another way to look at a situation. People ultimately can decide to make it negative or find the silver lining.

And just got email from DS, delivery pushed back a week................I need many strong drinks immediately.

Come in off the ledge!!!!

However it is Friday, so a cocktail or two may not hurt.

They may still surprise you on the date--almost everyone has been early. They are coming off the big Q3 push--but excuses don't help I understand.

It's all about being proactive. Besides, Mommy always said if you don't ask you'll never be pleasantly surprised by the ocassional 'yes'.
And this is why men keep trying after getting shot down often enough that it feels like a semi-automatic barrage of bullets.

(And no, not me. I'm too shy for the fail rate to be statistically interesting.)

And this is why men keep trying after getting shot down often enough that it feels like a semi-automatic barrage of bullets.

Well, Mommy also said that if a man asks more than a reasonable number of times (for me that was once) then he should be dealt with accordingly. :biggrin:

(And no, not me. I'm too shy for the fail rate to be statistically interesting.)

Of course, not you. :rolleyes:

A momentous day. My last gasoline fill-up!

Image-1.jpg