Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ars Technica - Opinion: Tesla’s self-induced jet wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone with a reservation knows that the delivery date is a loose arrangement. The Model 3 will happen, and if you say that you should get your car in 2019, then anything prior to that is a bonus. Like all great inventions, the factor of time is just another variable.

Cut the guy some slack. Great things are about to happen!

Cut the guy some slack. Great things are about to happen!

The problem is that Musk makes these statements about production in Earning Reports. He can be as motivational as he wants when talking to his employees. But he has the duty to be reasonably honest when reporting to investors.

I've defended Musk's approach many times as "motivational" or "optimistic". But yesterday I read Earning Reports from 2014 forward. In my analysis either Musk is a fool, or he knows he is lying.

It seems like he has a pathological need to continually ratchet up the drama.

Reactions: Drivin and Eclectic
Wow, that author clearly has an axe to grind.

The article is taking flak from one of the Ars Technica moderators. Tom the Melaniephile, a veteran mod over there, responded: "Try doing some real analysis instead of just a hack job. I give this article 1 out of 5 stars and was not compensated for this review." He even slams the Ars automotive editor, repeatedly. LOL. The readership is also being pretty brutal in the comments.

I'm not sure why Ars Technica even allowed the opinion piece to be published, because it contains factual errors that should never have survived even a cursory editing process. Not a great moment for one of the oldest and most reputable tech reporting sites on the web.

Yeah uhh....
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesmresnick

I'd say maybe he's a teensy bit biased from his job history. But to be fair, he has "been a vital cog inside the machines that are Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari, Jaguar Land Rover and Fender Musical." And I'm a big fan of uhh... vital cogs inside machines.

Edited to add: Some of the comments on that hellcat article are hilarious. They got severely downvoted, but they're hilarious.