TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

art deco superchargers

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by freds, Nov 24, 2014.

1. freds

freds Member

While I haven't visited a great number of superchargers I noted at Grants Pass Oregon that the superchargers there seemed to be more art deco with the word Tesla at the top back lit which was very nice as the superchargers were at the very back end of a long parking lot.

They appeared a lot like the following link.

http://carzz.co/photo/114654/tesla-will-open-up-its-supercharger-patents-to-boost-electric-car-ado/

Most of the ones I have encounter are more medal and angular.

It also brought to mind the freeway convenience signs for gas, food and lodging, wouldn't be great public awareness if there was to also show the Tesla logo or maybe offer at least one J1772 charger and have a EV charging logo?

2. palmer_md

palmer_md Member

The originally announced that the were going to have a freeway sign next to the site to help with identification. I'm not sure if they decided they did not need the advertising just yet and held of on construction or if they just scrapped the idea altogether.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30855&d=1379453021.jpg

3. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Ha ha! Those Tesla lights are great! What the heck, if they are burning up all that power for the chargers, they might just as well show off where they are!