Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Article in news.com.au - fastest 7 seater SUV in the world

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
David McCowen really should do a bit more research before making the following incorrect statement:

Audi’s SQ7 launched in 2016 as the world’s fastest seven-seater.

Wrong: the slowest Model X could already better it's 0-100 time and the Performance Model X was thrashing it at the time by near on 2 seconds.

He then further going to to say:

Now available in Audi’s sportier Q8....

Suggesting that new new model is even faster, which I guess it is, however it is still some 1.4 seconds slower than the Performance X....that's a looooootttt...

What's wrong with these reporters? Are they seriously living in a vaccum?

I'd love to publically correct David McCowen, however seems this is the only place I can find.

Article here:
Tested: Audi’s SUV superhero

David McCowen really should do a bit more research before making the following incorrect statement:

Audi’s SQ7 launched in 2016 as the world’s fastest seven-seater.

Wrong: the slowest Model X could already better it's 0-100 time and the Performance Model X was thrashing it at the time by near on 2 seconds.

He then further going to to say:

Now available in Audi’s sportier Q8....

Suggesting that new new model is even faster, which I guess it is, however it is still some 1.4 seconds slower than the Performance X....that's a looooootttt...

What's wrong with these reporters? Are they seriously living in a vaccum?

I'd love to publically correct David McCowen, however seems this is the only place I can find.

Article here:
Tested: Audi’s SUV superhero

Most of these journalists don't care as long as they continue to please legacy auto and continue to get instant access to the newest and shiniest products. The car industry was already in a spot of bother before Covid19, now due to the economic downturn that will linger for a fair bit longer many parts of the new car market are in serious trouble, motoring journalists will have to adapt very quickly.