TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Article in The Atlantic

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by Arnold Panz, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

Apr 13, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    I didn't see this article posted anywhere, and it seems most appropriate to post it here.

The Elusive Green Economy

There's actual a brief mention of the Roadster:

The article covers the first attempts by the Carter administration to move towards a greener economy, how Reagan and cheap oil in the 80s basically killed everything Carter tried, and how we are now (finally) getting back to what Carter tried back in the 70s. The main thrust of the piece is how the inconsistency of policies coming out of DC during those periods has taken the US' market leadership in greentech and shipped it to Europe, where incentives have been much more consistent. It also makes the fairly obvious point that unlike many other areas (such as the internet), government policy, incentives and money are needed in order to spur greentech.
  2. Brent

Brent Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Great article. I found this snippet particularly interesting:

It's a nice ending to the article, as it gives us a little pat on the back, but I sure hope we will find the temerity to adopt our own technology.
  3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2006
    CA CA
    My compliments as well.

I sent it out to a few of the smart people I know.

(maybe they will explain it to me) :tongue: