TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Article: tesla-announces-35000-car-shows-50000-car

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by M0DEL³, Apr 4, 2016.

1. M0DEL³

M0DEL³ Dilluting Kool-Aid with Realism daily.

2. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Hmmm... Chevy Malibu commercial is the best counter argument.

• Like x 1
  3. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

• Like x 11
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. hockeythug

hockeythug Active Member

I will save people from having to click on a SA story but it's assumption junction as usual down to claiming the paint options that were shown are going to be a premium option.

5. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

So is the glass roof, the various rims, dual motor, possibly performance version, Supercharger enabled, Autopilot enabled, etc. Plus they can't possibly know how much the car costs. The drivers that have been in all the videos posted have been upfront whether they're in a dual motor version. Move along nothing to see here.

• Like x 1
  6. wallet.dat

wallet.dat Member

If he's privy to what all the various trim levels come with and how much they cost, I'd love to hear how much power the dual motor P model will have, as well as what the X's are in PXXD.

7. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Yep, if it's from "sneakyoutfit", most likely it's clickbait and the author has an agenda/ulterior motive.

• Like x 1
  8. hoang51

hoang51 Member

I read through it. Some valid points, but overblown to fit the author's agenda (short on TSLA = pessimistic).

• Like x 2
  9. EboMike

EboMike Member

I've seen previous posts about various Seeking Alpha hit pieces, and when I saw this article earlier today, I glanced at the first few paragraphs and skipped the rest. Obviously another troll article. (Every TV commercial shows a decked out car and mentioned the starting price, how is this news?)

I'm not familiar with Seeking Alpha's background - what is it with this outlet? I see that they're desperately trying to badmouth TSLA as much as they can, but why? Are they shorting stock? Are they affiliated with competitors?

• Like x 1
  10. Snowdog

Snowdog Member

Bottom of the article:
    "Disclosure: I am/we are short TSLA."

Short stock, wirte slams, Profit??

11. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Being short by itself is not a problem... I read just to see if I've missed something. A different perspective can be quite informative.

However, a number of Seeking Alpha essay writers have gone quite overboard in their attacks on the stock at this point.

12. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Member

They unveiled prototypes, concept cars or design studies. None of them need to be a base model. It's not even 100% accurate to what will be for sale. What's the issue?

13. qdolan

qdolan New Member

Most of the 'will be optional' speculation seemed logical, however one thing mentioned in the article stood out to me. Unlike the Model S's glass sunroof option, the 3's glass sunroof is quite short, and the rear window glass runs from the B pillar all the way to the trunk. If the sunroof were optional and a metal roof were standard the roof would still be mostly glass. It would make more sense to offer the option of a fixed glass roof or opening sunroof.