Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
another interesting Seeking Alpha article by Randy Carlson, a TSLA long (good guy)
http://seekingalpha.com/article/4014413-time-tesla-shorts-smell-coffee
It points out that
"......Seeking Alpha commenter Model S Owner - It's Not That Great. This commenter who describes themselves as "Hedge Fund Manager, Developed International Markets, Dividend stock ideas & income" posted a first comment September 14, 2016, and as of this writing, has commented 1,879 times on Seeking Alpha articles, writing in excess of a quarter million words - that's one comment on average every 32 minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Virtually all are negative comments directed toward Tesla. This is an example of exceptional effort, the commenter having written more words than John Steinbeck's "East of Eden" in just 41 days......"

Its amusing reading, the Seeking Alpha short guy is hysterical attacking back, flailing
(He did say he wont lose any money so he doesnt care, so i expect his investors will lose a LOT of money soon)

Well, here is an interesting coincidence. myusername's join date on TMC is also Sept. 14, 2016.

Winfield - you've made me break tradition and look into an SA article. That is some dedicated responding....although I'm going to assume he's set up some kind of bot-writer to craft those comments. I've got to see it for myself!
oh dear, arguing with a bot, the shame :eek:
the bot has admitted it's an autonomous vehicle and shows mild sentience, with just a soupcon of franticness

Well, here is an interesting coincidence. myusername's join date on TMC is also Sept. 14, 2016.

I would argue it's not the same person. myusername almost never capitalizes the first letter of a sentence, has sloppy punctuation and is not as eloquent as the SA commenter you linked to. myusername has >300 posts since joining, none of them adding valuable information, all of them negative or inflammatory, almost all of them quotes/responses to other's posts and every single one of them in the Short Term TSLA thread. Go figure...

Just in the same way terrorists can exploit the open and free societies they detest, these blatant shorts can come in and disrupt a valuable long biased community. Go figure...

I would argue it's not the same person. myusername almost never capitalizes the first letter of a sentence, has sloppy punctuation and is not as eloquent as the SA commenter you linked to. myusername has >300 posts since joining, none of them adding valuable information, all of them negative or inflammatory, almost all of them quotes/responses to other's posts and every single one of them in the Short Term TSLA thread. Go figure....
I was going to say the same thing. The grammar and writing style are clearly not the same.

However -- it's probably not a pure coincidence that BOTH posters appeared on two different message boards on the same day.

It's not hard to imagine that a group decided to embark on an anti-Tesla social media "effort", which began on the date in question.

I was going to say the same thing. The grammar and writing style are clearly not the same.

However -- it's probably not a pure coincidence that BOTH posters appeared on two different message boards on the same day.

It's not hard to imagine that a group decided to embark on an anti-Tesla social media "effort", which began on the date in question.
i strongly suspect from the tone of comments that the poster on SA is possibly Ralph Vader/Keef leech but who know, not me....

i strongly suspect from the tone of comments that the poster on SA is possibly Ralph Vader/Keef leech but who know, not me....
I believe "Model S" was the former owner of of the website LAWS OF HYPE, which is now offline. He's quoted it in his posts yet it's nothing more than a primitive Weebly blog with zero comments. The domain was registered to PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC, which, as the name indicated, protects the owner from being revealed..

And .. he's 94062 on reddit, which corresponds to Redwood City, CA.. comments by 94062

That's about all for now. )

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I believe "Model S" was the former owner of of the website LAWS OF HYPE, which is now offline. He's quoted it in his posts yet it's nothing more than a primitive Weebly blog with zero comments. The domain was registered to PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC, which, as the name indicated, protects the owner from being revealed..

And .. he's 94062 on reddit, which corresponds to Redwood City, CA.. comments by 94062

That's about all for now. )

Interesting. Seems like a popular dude ;)

IMG_2911.jpg

oh dear, arguing with a bot, the shame :eek:
the bot has admitted it's an autonomous vehicle and shows mild sentience, with just a soupcon of franticness
The irony of building a self writing bot to argue that a company that makes self driving cars has no value. We are watching the birth of AI tribes. <sarcasm>No more Mr Nice guy for social media </sarcasm>

Reactions: winfield100
Paulo Santos is denying the self driving hardware
http://seekingalpha.com/article/4013466-tesla-just-jump-self-driving-shark
".....
  • Tesla does not have self-driving technology. Indeed, for the present hardware solution, it doesn't even have automatic emergency braking, collision warning, lane holding and active cruise control yet. This is a fact.
  • Tesla cannot know if it will have self-driving technology in a reasonable timeframe. Even the features it lost are not sure to be back by December. As for true self-driving, others have been developing cars for months - and for all we know, there are no existing Tesla self-driving prototypes roaming the streets even now......."
  • mentioning the self driving video causes "Staged" "Faked" "streets roped off" , " (more or less) "Lets see how it does at 70mph with a tractor trailer crossing 100 ft away" , "..took 3 days to stage.."., denial it happened, comparisons to "giant transformers destroying cities" etc
like climate change deniers, they will be proven wrong.

In a fine demonstration of how to bring chutzpah to a new low, Niedermeyer's partner-in-crime Bertel Schmitt makes copious use of Nieder's comments to fill out paragraphs in his article Man Alleged To Impersonate Elon Musk Sues Tesla For Allegedly Hacking His Twitter Account .

Example:
Says Niedermeyer: “Depending on how deeply the alleged hackers dug into @ValuationMattrs, a number of journalists might as well be in Tesla’s legal crosshairs.”

Great using your doppelgänger as a source there, Bertie!

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3
Here is one to watch out for. I can't get past the WSJ firewall, even through Google, but I'll lay odds the Journal lays on the obfuscation that the Amendment's writers were desiring:

A Florida Ballot Measure With Solar Flair
The Google trick worked for me. You aren't missing much. It's a very short blog post just basically saying there are two dueling solar measures on the ballot in Florida and differences mainly center on net metering. One measure is supported by utilities and the other by the solar panel industry.

Here is one to watch out for. I can't get past the WSJ firewall, even through Google, but I'll lay odds the Journal lays on the obfuscation that the Amendment's writers were desiring:

A Florida Ballot Measure With Solar Flair
It's massively disceptive (the commercials are unbelievable). Claiming to be pro Solar. I posted on this before - FL Supreme Court just turned down a filing to abolish. It needs 60% to pass which early results show is possible, but lately it has become known it's Utility anti-Solar funded and is losing late support, but it's gonna be close. Pass the word to anyone you know in FL. If you are pro Solar, vote NO amendment 1
Home - Floridians for Solar Choice

Also note Elon has a tweet on this as well