Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I were Elon, I'd find out which supplier leaked this, second-source whatever they were supplying me from someone else, then cancel their contract and never do business with them again. Given Elon's personality, I suspect he's going to do exactly that.
You know, it could be a corporate spy planted in either the supplier or Tesla; I might not burn the supplier until I'd checked the espionage possibility.

You know, it could be a corporate spy planted in either the supplier or Tesla; I might not burn the supplier until I'd checked the espionage possibility.

On that topic, I am thinking that Tesla is smart enough to make subtle, unique alterations to each copy of their confidential multi-recipient letters, making it rather risky for someone to leak their copy. This so called Canary Trap can be added automatically at the stage where each recipients' name and address is added to create their specific copy of letter.

Amazing that things have come to a point where this is even conceivable.

• Informative
Reactions: defc0n and bhzmark
How low can these guys go?

SpaceX loses multi-million dollar nose cone - CNN

Title is negative and click bait, but the content is just facts around recovery attempt

I saw that on CNN about n hour ago. I read into the story about three lines and closed the tab when it was obvious the article was just click bait. The mission succeeded, they just failed to recover the nosecone because of high seas. Yawn.

If I were Elon, I'd find out which supplier leaked this, second-source whatever they were supplying me from someone else, then cancel their contract and never do business with them again. Given Elon's personality, I suspect he's going to do exactly that.

I would imagine Tesla uses an NDA with all suppliers that covers this legally. Problem is if it's in China hard to take legal action. Only thing you can do is take your business elsewhere. But with such a specialized vehicle and high end specifications finding alternate suppliers at the same price gets tricky.

It is possible Tesla is just going to market a Tesla brand cell phone case. Branching out into cell phones seems rather risky at this point and I don't think there really are any dramatic improvements Tesla could make over existing tech in that field. Microsoft has considerably more resources to throw at the problem than Tesla and they are failing badly.

But I could be wrong.

What do Tesla Bears and Trump supporters have in common? A lot I say.

Anyone see the in-depth "Truth" discussion last night regarding Trump on the PBS News Hour? Probably only half of you while the other half was watching Fox, right?

This Political polarization is exactly what's happening with Tesla. People who own these cars and are long investors like myself are on the side of truth. While these polar media times also explain how ~30% are short sellers driven by a few bad actors (Jim Chanos and Gordon Johnson for example). There's even a common motive - oil, money, and power. Analyst Montana at Seeking Alpha just woke to that fact thanks to Elon. I'm betting more will tumble or at least proceed with caution from this prime example.

Sorry folks, truth wins in the end. Numbers don't lie. Quality and Performance are golden. Consumer Reports do matter. Our planet is worth keeping.

Keep going Tesla!

On that topic, I am thinking that Tesla is smart enough to make subtle, unique alterations to each copy of their confidential multi-recipient letters, making it rather risky for someone to leak their copy. This so called Canary Trap can be added automatically at the stage where each recipients' name and address is added to create their specific copy of letter.

Amazing that things have come to a point where this is even conceivable.

I always thought that a product that would let you do this would be in demand. It probably already exists but if it didn’t it should.

It could change words slightly with alternates, adjust spacing and punctuation all to create a unique letter

Reactions: ls7corvete
What do Tesla Bears and Trump supporters have in common? A lot I say.

Anyone see the in-depth "Truth" discussion last night regarding Trump on the PBS News Hour? Probably only half of you while the other half was watching Fox, right?

This Political polarization is exactly what's happening with Tesla. People who own these cars and are long investors like myself are on the side of truth. While these polar media times also explain how ~30% are short sellers driven by a few bad actors (Jim Chanos and Gordon Johnson for example). There's even a common motive - oil, money, and power. Analyst Montana at Seeking Alpha just woke to that fact thanks to Elon. I'm betting more will tumble or at least proceed with caution from this prime example.

Sorry folks, truth wins in the end. Numbers don't lie. Quality and Performance are golden. Consumer Reports do matter. Our planet is worth keeping.

Keep going Tesla!
A lot of powerful people are TERRYFIED of Tesla. The only reason all the other car companies are building electric cars is because of FEAR. Chevy actually losses money on every Bolt they sell. If it wasn't for Tesla nobody except the Chinese would be building cars to lessen climate change. If everybody starts buying electric cars, solar roofs and power walls why to we need oil? I totally understand why it's Tesla against pretty much EVERYBODY else.

Last edited by a moderator: