Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think at this point SpaceX has put more things into orbit than all other private space ventures combined. They also put a car in orbit.

As far as Richard Branson going into space, it hasn't happened yet. Virgin Galactic might be able to claim some firsts, but overall SpaceX is the strongest player in the private space flight business. They actually have customers and are delivering real revenue making payloads into orbit.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
I think at this point SpaceX has put more things into orbit than all other private space ventures combined. They also put a car in orbit.

As far as Richard Branson going into space, it hasn't happened yet. Virgin Galactic might be able to claim some firsts, but overall SpaceX is the strongest player in the private space flight business. They actually have customers and are delivering real revenue making payloads into orbit.
you could see this from 190 miles away, AND hear the quadruple sonic booms of the side boosters landing, but it seems to be a friendly race as predicted 50 - 70 years ago in a lot of science fiction stories
t + 60 seconds

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
Richard M. Naloxone on Twitter
$TSLA @Tesla @elonmusk: @CNBC blatantly false headline "Tesla reports estimated 74,100 Model 3 deliveries in second quarter", but the interview clearly states that it is other people's estimates. Why would Tesla say anything 5 days or so before reporting the ACTUAL numbers?

This is the "Fact or Fiction?" thread. We're supposed to debunk BS.
Exactly! So quote it and debunk it for us.
But why reward them with our clicks?
I clicked and regret that I did.
The BS is so bs that it’s almost certainly just a click-bait article to begin with.
What specifically did you want to debunk?
And how does linking without comment amount to debunking?

Ugh; talk about a BS story meant to discredit Tesla.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjEnYOi1qrjAhUD5aYKHc7YBKMQqQIIMygAMAI&url=https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-workers-fired-pregnant-leave-2019-7&usg=AOvVaw2VcCI0Y5xDYnKmLpjq7Rcx

Save you a click:

Three women claim to be wrongfully terminated. One notified Tesla of her pregnancy in July last year, and was terminated in December when she was due to take maternity leave in February from GF1. She worked 11 months total at the company. She was promoted to a 'supervisor' position 'last year' but was terminated due to undisclosed behavior issues, according to Tesla.

One was a Tesla store operator in Las Vegas, and was terminated because she had been taking the leave days from her coworkers (supposedly because of child care reasons), and was 22 weeks pregnant at the time. She apparently had 4 children before her newest, and it's not stated how long she worked at Tesla prior to her termination. She was terminated because it's illegal to use another member's benefits, even at their own permission, says Tesla.

And the last was in Fremont, was a husband/wife combo (though it's mostly towards the woman). She was fire for cellphone usage during work, after supposedly getting permission from her supervisor, and she claimed it was because she was calling her sick husband. (the husband was fired for an Tesla policy violating tweet he did at a later date). There was an investigation briefly mentioned. She worked there for 19 months prior to termination. Tesla agrees she was terminated due to her cell usage.

All of these are absurd. Not only is the timeline with these sketchy (the first woman was terminated 7 months ago), but they're all very purposefully sympathetic characters without details about their offense.

The first; behavior issues can happen, and do so, even if the woman is pregnant. It doesn't matter whether the woman was promoted before; sometimes, that's what makes them the assholes/unreliable/whatever else. And she was only at the company less than a year, how did she get promoted to supervisor 'last year'? Was it within a week of her hiring or something? Is it last year to now, so around July?

The second; employees each get certain benefits they're allotted. Unless there is a program in place to do so, which the company usually briefs members on when they join (as part of their "welcome to the company" package), or is discussed when you ask your supervisor ('Hey, I need time off to do XYZ, is there a way for Billy to give me his excess days off?'), and if that hasn't occurred, it doesn't mean use your position to sensitive data to gain the benefit.

(Side note: Jesus, 5 kids? By yourself? Probably Tesla, a very high pace, demanding company, isn't the best for your situation as you seem to need much more flexible hours)

And lastly; I know a lot of companies have no cell phone use policy. I also know very, very rarely would they ever fire someone, who worked at the company longer than a few months and thus are fully trained and have a known history with the company, would terminate someone for a single cell phone use during working hours. Further, would spend the time, money, and energy on an investigation into said cell phone use, before the termination occurred. There is undoubtedly much more to this story that she isn't saying, especially if her husband shortly after was fired over a tweet. Her firing date is unknown, so my bet was the husband was disparaging against Tesla on twitter.

>EV with forced noisemakers.

I had a thought today and I figured the people posting here might know plus it is somewhat of a debunking thing. I would imagine by now with all these silent deadly electric Tesla vehicles on the road and the Model 3s with all the cameras there would be headlines everywhere trying to crash Tesla's SP with pictures and videos of people getting run over by silent EVs at least in the double digits a year except I haven't seen a single article about pedestrians not hearing Tesla's and getting run over.

Has anyone read anything about this huge crisis that is supposed to be happening?

for those interested, MarkBS has his investment letter out
he lost 11.5% (all May gains vanished in June :) )
His 16 page letter consists of about 8 pages of links to "why tesla will fail because xzyabc is not Tesla" why why because because
(elephant x Rhinocerous = Ell eff eye noh)

I attempted to cheer him up, in my own inimitable way, :cool::), pointing out the $176.9919 low he could have used to close out shorts, a on 6/3, gave a helpful comment that i bought 40 shares at $191, now up about $2,000, and thanked him for (partially) subsidizing my upcoming Hawai'i vacation which will be extended because extra $$$:p:cool::) "than kew veriii much holding a frou-frou umbrella drink in my hand" and suggested TSLAQ disband prior to $300/share.

however, i expect the usual ungratefullness, sheesh, try to help folks and they get grumpy, good golly miss Molly :cool::cool::):cool::cool:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4274906-stanphyl-capital-letter-june-2019

New BS from Business Insider’s Linette Lopez. An article headlined “The star of 'Aladdin' claims a defect in his Tesla Model 3 led to his car wreck, and it comes from a problem area the company has known about for years” makes it sound like Whompy Wheels is a real, known problem and not the conspiracy musings of a single Australian crackpot. Unfortunately no comment function.

“For those who watch Tesla closely, though, Massoud's sounds familiar. Suspension problems have plagued Tesla's cars for years. On the internet an incident like Mena's is known as the "whompy wheel," and it has become something like Tesla-lore. The National Highway Safety Transportation Association (NHTSA) website is littered with anonymous complaints about broken suspensions, and there are websites dedicated to spotting whompy wheels in the wild.”

Pathetic. From June 5, but first time I saw it.

Last edited:
New BS from Business Insider’s Linette Lopez. An article headlined “The star of 'Aladdin' claims a defect in his Tesla Model 3 led to his car wreck, and it comes from a problem area the company has known about for years” makes it sound like Whompy Wheels is a real, known problem and not the conspiracy musings of a single Australian crackpot. Unfortunately no comment function.

“For those who watch Tesla closely, though, Massoud's sounds familiar. Suspension problems have plagued Tesla's cars for years. On the internet an incident like Mena's is known as the "whompy wheel," and it has become something like Tesla-lore. The National Highway Safety Transportation Association (NHTSA) website is littered with anonymous complaints about broken suspensions, and there are websites dedicated to spotting whompy wheels in the wild.”

Pathetic. From June 5, but first time I saw it.
Wait, people take that nutjob Keef Wivaneff seriously?