Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

artsci's Model S modifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a car enthusiast and also happen to be an automotive professional working for Porsche for the past 10 + years. I see and drive every exotic car on the road because my customers drive them all...Ferraris, Bentleys, Astons, Maseratis, and even Bugattis! But what I love most is when someone takes a $100,000 car and then makes it "their own and unique style" Everything from different wheels, to body kits, to wraps, spoilers, LED's etc etc. What do you plan on doing with your new Model S?

Mine? Once I get it in mid March I plan to...

tint all windows
paint wheels matte black (keeping stock 21's for now)
change out bulbous front grill for custom black mesh look (similar to the mesh already on the lower grills)
wrap the rear diffuser in carbon fiber
wrap the chrome trim around the window frames in matte black (I'm keeping the chrome door handles for now)
wrap the rear chrome strip in carbon fiber
DE-BADGE the Model S...."what car is it?"
maybe add the center console aftermarket that I am reading about
possible add radar behind new mesh grill

Has anyone done anything yet to their own cars? Lots of pictures would be appreciated

P85/black/black/tech/audio/21's/pano roof/spoiler Sequence # 14,886

- - - Updated - - -

I have a picture of my beautiful black matte 21's........ but it won't let me paste it? And the upload photo link is giving me error messages. grrr.

I would LOVE to see your wheels in matte !

I'm planning on aftermarket wheels, probably black or dark gray 20". Darkest window tint I can tolerate. 600W monoblock amp and JL Audio 10W6V2 sub with a 1F cap in the frunk (from the old car). Probably paint all the chrome to match the wheels. The subwoofer, amp and cap are going to look pretty freaking cool up front. It's funny to think about aftermarket mods for the Model S, since I'd typically be putting on a cat-back and air intakes, lighter pulleys etc.

I'm planning on aftermarket wheels, probably black or dark gray 20". Darkest window tint I can tolerate. 600W monoblock amp and JL Audio 10W6V2 sub with a 1F cap in the frunk (from the old car). Probably paint all the chrome to match the wheels. The subwoofer, amp and cap are going to look pretty freaking cool up front. It's funny to think about aftermarket mods for the Model S, since I'd typically be putting on a cat-back and air intakes, lighter pulleys etc.

hmm. sub in the frunk?
for people outside? The 'firewall' is pretty solid I think.
the rear footwell/storage area is a pretty nice space and the rear glass should make the acoustics pretty crazy

hmm. sub in the frunk?
the rear footwell/storage area is a pretty nice space and the rear glass should make the acoustics pretty crazy

I agree with Zextra - frunk doesn't seem like it would work for sub placement due to the firewall. Rear footwell area should make a great place and there should be enough space to place the amp/cap in there as well. Wondering if anyone has done this yet?

hmm. sub in the frunk?

Interesting, I guess I never thought about there being a firewall or otherwise thick wall with no engine. I was just thinking it would be easy to access the 12V from there to wire up the amp. Hmm, I really liked the idea of keeping the back clear for large items like bikes or trips to HD.

Got my windows tinted this afternoon. Only a crappy cell phone pic, it was drizzly and overcast but a decent amount of light.

WP_20130222_018.jpg

35% (GA legal limit) Formula One Pinnacle (ceramic film) on all windows and rear hatch.

Seriously I was not being funny. And nor I take it are you?
I simply cannot tell. And I sent copies to a couple of friends of mine asking them. I find Tesla colors are just too ambiguous, too subtle, dark. Not complaining just observing. I know mine is black but others I simply cannot tell.

No I know they are hard to tell apart. Especially in pictures. In real life if there is any natural light people can tell the car is green if they look beyond a glance. In pictures it is really hard.

I absolutely love my green. It is dark and looks really formal, especially at night. But is more interesting with natural light. And I personally think in real life it never quite looks black, but rather really really dark grey, when the color is hiding.