Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

artsci's Model S modifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my P85 black on black TODAY!

Let the "mods" begin...

TINT
De-Chrome certain areas
Carbon Fiber Wrap certain areas
Custom MESH Grill (hopefully)
Lloyds Floor Mats
X-Pel Clear Bra
Turbocharger...oh wait, I dont need that one anymore!

The first step has been completed however I may go high gloss black vinyl instead of this matte look which was done very inexpensively with Plasti-Dip just to give me an idea as to what I wanted to go with...your thoughts? Oh and I also de-badged the rear...now onto tint (50% front and 35% rear) and then X-Pel 10 year warranty clear bra (entire hood so no line) and then off to bodyshop for possible custom mesh grill and CF wrap on lower grey cladding

photo 2.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 33.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

photo 11.JPG

photo 22.JPG

Last edited:
Porschedealer, that looks great! "Murdered out" as they say.

So speaking of mods, the narrowness of the tires makes me crazy every time I see it from the front or back. Does anyone know how wide you can go on the 21" rims? I know it'll create more drag and reduce my range but I'm not a big road trip person.

PorcheDealer

The matte black plasti-dip looks great! You're the first to do it/show pictures! I've been planning on doing the chrome around the side windows and I think you've convinced me to do it! I have a Blue car and think the matte black will look sharp!

I live in the NYC area - so too cold and will wait for spring to do it. How long did all that take?

Aaron

Interesting PorscheDealer. http://www.plastidip.com/ I don't think I'm going to do it to my car though to my black P85. If I do, it probably would be to the chrome on the front bumper.

As for my modifications, I pick my car up Wednesday, I am getting the windows tinted this Friday with 3M Crystalline 40 all around (except windshield), and Sunday I am getting full front XPEL Ultimate paint protection (full hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors). :)

Seriously I was not being funny. And nor I take it are you?
I simply cannot tell. And I sent copies to a couple of friends of mine asking them. I find Tesla colors are just too ambiguous, too subtle, dark. Not complaining just observing. I know mine is black but others I simply cannot tell.

I'm with sp4rk on this one - I'd like to see some additional color options in the bright, vibrant, in-your-face varieties. Be sure and get us photos of your wrapped car when you have them sp4rk!