TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

As Configured?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BOB2, Jan 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BOB2

BOB2 Member

How do I know/check if my P100D has FSD or EAP?
    The sales guy said it does, but he also told me I have Ludicrous, and I do NOT.

Also, I show firmware 2.52.36, but I do not seem to have any of the auto pilot features at all.

2. ZAKEEUS

ZAKEEUS Member

P100D without Ludicrous?

3. BOB2

BOB2 Member

Yep. I was told "All P100D have Ludicrous"
    Then, my car showed up without it. They now want $10k to add.

4. Tam

Tam Active Member

Right now, you can count on your receipt for FSD.

When the time comes when everyone shows you that they got FSD on the road and you don't, that's when you can call Tesla up and tell them that they missed yours.

In the mean time, you know that you have EAP hardware because you can look for extra cameras around your car.

You just have to wait for your turn to be activated.

5. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

AP2 is not yet available unless you are the "Cali 1000" and if you are it's extremely limited right now.

6. BOB2

BOB2 Member

Thanks All.

I am having trouble trusting my sales team after being mis-led on the Ludicrous thing.

I do have the cameras, but I thought that was different than having the EAP option?
    I was told that all new cars come with the cameras, even if you don't have the "Enhanced Autopilot".

I paid extra for EAP and just want to be sure it was "added" or "installed"

7. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

Did you buy an inventory car?

All P100Ds were manufactured with Ludicrous, but Tesla has been disabling it on some cars to lower the sales price, since of course, as you know, it can be re-enabled for $10K.

8. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

This is correct. All new cars come with the cameras and sensors regardless if you enable EAP or FSDC.

9. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

I'm assuming they did not give you a print out with the options of the car? I received one with my inventory car.

• Like x 1
  10. BOB2

BOB2 Member

Yes, I did buy an inventory car, but the sales guy did not tell me I was loosing Ludicrous. He said the discount was for "end of year", and because my car had "over 100 miles".

Actually, I had Ludicrous for a couple of weeks, then an new update came this week and it went away.

Feels very dishonest to me. I was NEVER told or asked about loosing Ludicrous. I would not have taken an inventory car if I had know the discount was to remove a feature. I would have waited for the car I actually wanted to be built.

11. Tam

Tam Active Member

I assume you didn't order from the web otherwise, you can show the web that says "Ludicrous upgrade" included.

12. BOB2

BOB2 Member

The print out shows that I have EAP and FSD, but how do I know for sure?
    (They supposedly added it after the car arrived)

My window sticker says I have Ludicrous, and I do not.

13. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

The window sticker was the original build. Check your MyTesla account for the MVPA or similar in the documents section. It should list the options you paid for, which should reconcile to the price and docs you physically signed.

14. BOB2

BOB2 Member

I did not specifically look for "Ludicrous upgrade" included, because I was told by the sales person that all P110D cars were Ludicrous. No body ever said they could or would take away Ludicrous, so I did not think to make sure it was on there.

For sure my sticker says "Ludicrous", so at the very least, they removed an option from the car and did not tell me.

15. Tam

Tam Active Member

It's software related so as long as it says on your receipt, a phone call will get the function updated with no problem, but right now you need to wait for the over-the-air update like most of every one else does (except for the luckty 1,000).

Could you use that as your receipt or does it has to be with another receipt that lists all the prices of options?

16. BOB2

BOB2 Member

They sent me home with a car that had Ludicrous and then took it away after delivery.
    The car that I was shown and walked through before I signed the papers had Ludicrous installed.

If they were planning to remove it two weeks later,they should have said so.

17. Tam

Tam Active Member

For legal purpose, what counts is a written receipt that proves what you paid for.

Verbal assurances won't do.

They can base on a written receipt and take away your features that are not included in the receipt very easily with no physical visits needed (repo man without a man).

18. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

As was mentioned, log into your Tesla account line and to go the documents section, then click on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement PDF, that will list exactly what you were charged for. Is Ludicrous listed on there?

Should look like this:

[​IMG]

19. BOB2

BOB2 Member

That does not make it OK. If they tell me something, I should not have to read the fine print and figure out what option they may have stripped off the car while I was not looking.

They talked me into an inventory car because of the discounts. If I had know I was loosing features, I would not have purchased that car. I would have ordered a brand new car with no miles and all the options I wanted.

20. Tam

Tam Active Member

It's very similar to a case when Tesla made a mistake and the owner enjoyed longer range without paying extra.

When it found out, it then offered the owner to pay up more or will have an over-the-air that would adjust the battery pack down to 60 kWh.

Feature adjustments for what you pay is a norm in Tesla.