Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

As Configured?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As was mentioned, log into your Tesla account line and to go the documents section, then click on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement PDF, that will list exactly what you were charged for. Is Ludicrous listed on there?

No, it is not. I am not saying that I specifically paid for Ludicrous and they did not give it to me.
I am saying that I was told Ludicrous is included on all P100D, so I did not even check to see if they removed it.

They discounted the car, and told me the reason was "end of year, and miles".
It is now clear the discount was not a discount at all. It was the removal of a feature.

That is very misleading.

Wasn't there a quote or anything like this that you got from the sales people? When you look at the sales contract, what was your discount and does anything say Ludicrous is being removed? You have a sticker which says ludicrous, if your paperwork quotes the same MSRP and says nothing about removing Ludicrous, you may have a case. Any other discounts or additions? It sounds like your sticker doesn't include EAP or FSD but it was added, is there an itemized fee for it in the paperwork?

Yes, I did buy an inventory car, but the sales guy did not tell me I was loosing Ludicrous. He said the discount was for "end of year", and because my car had "over 100 miles".

Actually, I had Ludicrous for a couple of weeks, then an new update came this week and it went away.

Feels very dishonest to me. I was NEVER told or asked about loosing Ludicrous. I would not have taken an inventory car if I had know the discount was to remove a feature. I would have waited for the car I actually wanted to be built.
If your only receiving a 10k discount on an inventory car and they took ludicrous from you I would raise hell. It's pretty standard to get a 10k discount on inventory cars and that is w/o them taking options away. I would press the issue for ludicrous back.

That does not make it OK. If they tell me something, I should not have to read the fine print and figure out what option they may have stripped off the car while I was not looking.

They talked me into an inventory car because of the discounts. If I had know I was loosing features, I would not have purchased that car. I would have ordered a brand new car with no miles and all the options I wanted.
Did you not look through your purchase agreement before signing? If not, as others point out, you can still look through your online account and find out if you have it (I suggest also saving a copy in your computer for future reference). This also applies to whether the car has EAP or FSD.

According the UCC, which most states adopt, verbal contracts are not enforceable for sales of goods over $500. Always read what you are signing, especially for something as expensive as a car.

Last edited:
It's very similar to a case when Tesla made a mistake and the owner enjoyed longer range without paying extra.

When it found out, it then offered the owner to pay up more or will have an over-the-air that would adjust the battery pack down to 60 kWh.

Feature adjustments for what you pay is a norm in Tesla.

Again, this was not a mistake. The sales guy said I was getting the feature, so I did not bother to check.
Tesla may have always known that I was not getting Ludicrous, but I was not told. The sales guy said all P110D have it, when my car was delivered, it had this feature. Why would I ever assume it was a mistake or that I was lied to?

My mistake was not checking the paperwork to make sure it was not removed as a line item.
By that logic, I should have made sure they did not remove each and every feature.
(Ludicrous is not an option, its an included feature of P100D)

There is no way to build a P100D without Ludicrous. How would someone know that it could be removed?
And why would I think to double check that before signing the papers?

Maybe he meant that it has Ludicrous capability? Kind of like how all cars now have EAP and FSD, wether they are activated or not is a whole other story.

No, he did not say it that way.
He offered to "upgrade" to EAP and FSD for a fee. He did not say there was a cost for "add back" Ludicrous.
Also, Tesla's ordering site does not list a way to get a P100D without Ludicrous.

Why would anyone think or assume that this is an option that could be removed?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that not reading the paperwork was a good idea. BOB2 will probably be out of luck.

But to be fair, playing devil's advocate and looking at it from his standpoint, the P100D, as described on Tesla's site, and before very recently everywhere, ALWAYS INCLUDED LUDICROUS. BOB2 and anyone else purchasing one would have no reason to even know that it --COULD-- be removed.

Apparently the removal, on some cars, was something Tesla just started doing at the end of the year. I would argue that it wasn't something BOB2 could have reasonably expected to happen, so his checking that he was receiving a P100D should have been enough, since as far as he knew, the only way to manufacture and sell a P100D was with Ludicrous.

All that being said, I still think he will be out of luck. :(

I don't think anyone is suggesting that not reading the paperwork was a good idea. BOB2 will probably be out of luck.

But to be fair, playing devil's advocate and looking at it from his standpoint, the P100D, as described on Tesla's site, and before very recently everywhere, ALWAYS INCLUDED LUDICROUS. BOB2 and anyone else purchasing one would have no reason to even know that it --COULD-- be removed.

Apparently the removal, on some cars, was something Tesla just started doing at the end of the year. I would argue that it wasn't something BOB2 could have reasonably expected to happen, so his checking that he was receiving a P100D should have been enough, since as far as he knew, the only way to manufacture and sell a P100D was with Ludicrous.

All that being said, I still think he will be out of luck. :(

The problem was not that I did not read the paperwork. The problem was not knowing to look for a missing option, that was not ever an "option" before.

I read the paperwork, but had no idea that I needed to look for Ludicrous, because I had no Idea that Ludicrous could be removed. I was told it was "standard". I did not check for any standard feature to be listed.

I don't know if I have legal options, but I do feel deceived by the sales guy.

Reactions: Andyw2100
I just don't get it. I bought my car to drive it, not to sit in it like a slow taxi.
Yes, I have AP but I use it mostly on freeways once in a while. I do like the TACC though, for safety reasons. This whole autonomous driving thing seems to be somewhat frivolous to me.
Why not just get into a UBER taxi? A lot cheaper.
Not trying to knock anyone who wants it, but for me, the main reason for getting a Tesla was because it's Electric, fast, and has lots of cargo room.
I think we should be happy to have such a wonderful car, with or without AP.

...I do feel deceived by the sales guy...

Hey! That's reasonable feeling.

May be he didn't intentionally cheat you.

How do you know that the sales guy would not deny that he gave you faulty promise or tried to cheat you?

May be the guy is just like you and assumed that Ludicrous is automatically included.

May be it's his mistake to gave you the wrong information.

The best way for now is to get the manager and the sales guy to work this out.

It's very difficult to enforce a verbal contract.

No, but how would I know to look for that?
IMG_8045.JPG

Is there a line under the P100D?

To be clear. I am half joking, but now I'm curious if they would have gone through the trouble of debadging the ludicrous line.

The paper work did not list blinkers or radio on the car. Can I expect that to go away at some point?
Let's not be specious, blinkers are legally required by DOT standards, so can't be removed. If radio was not listed as part of the standard specifications on the vehicle (either manual or on the spec sheet below), it may not necessarily be included.
Radio is however listed in the standard specifications:
"200 watt, seven speaker stereo system with AM/FM/HD radio"
Model S Specifications

I remember people went through this way early in the Model S life where the rear reading lights and lighted vanity mirrors were missing, but people were SOL because they weren't explicitly promised on the spec sheet.