Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

As Configured?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that not reading the paperwork was a good idea. BOB2 will probably be out of luck.

But to be fair, playing devil's advocate and looking at it from his standpoint, the P100D, as described on Tesla's site, and before very recently everywhere, ALWAYS INCLUDED LUDICROUS. BOB2 and anyone else purchasing one would have no reason to even know that it --COULD-- be removed.

Apparently the removal, on some cars, was something Tesla just started doing at the end of the year. I would argue that it wasn't something BOB2 could have reasonably expected to happen, so his checking that he was receiving a P100D should have been enough, since as far as he knew, the only way to manufacture and sell a P100D was with Ludicrous.

All that being said, I still think he will be out of luck. :(
You make a good point about how for a new P100D it is typically included as standard (although separately listed). Whether he got a bad deal largely depends on if his discount was directly cancelled out by lack of Ludicrous, although at this point he would feel cheated either way.

Reactions: Andyw2100