Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

As of about three hours ago, I'm a Model 3 owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's very, very blue, and it's V E R R R R R R Y fast!! The acceleration is frightening! 2022 AWD/LR. She's now safely tucked into my garage sipping current from my previously installed L2 charger (powered by my solar panels, thank you Mr. Sun!). Sadly, I'm heading out of town tomorrow on a previously scheduled trip, so I can't play with her until next week.

Meantime, does anyone know if there's a way to set the nav display so the car is pointing up and the map rotates with your turns (like Google Maps or Apple Maps)? I can reorient it with my fingers, but after about 20 seconds or so it snaps back so that north is toward the top. I can't find a setting that says anything about that.

On cursory examination the car looks pretty good inside and out. No major paint or panel alignment glitches that I can see. I'm shocked that on a nearly $60k car they didn't fully paint the area inside the door hinges. C'mon Tesla, that's cheesy. And I have a rattle in the RH passenger door that's going to have to get fixed (anyone driven on Tucson streets lately?). But overall, so far, very happy with it.

IMG_0465.jpg

It's very, very blue, and it's V E R R R R R R Y fast!! The acceleration is frightening! 2022 AWD/LR. She's now safely tucked into my garage sipping current from my previously installed L2 charger (powered by my solar panels, thank you Mr. Sun!). Sadly, I'm heading out of town tomorrow on a previously scheduled trip, so I can't play with her until next week.

Meantime, does anyone know if there's a way to set the nav display so the car is pointing up and the map rotates with your turns (like Google Maps or Apple Maps)? I can reorient it with my fingers, but after about 20 seconds or so it snaps back so that north is toward the top. I can't find a setting that says anything about that.

On cursory examination the car looks pretty good inside and out. No major paint or panel alignment glitches that I can see. I'm shocked that on a nearly $60k car they didn't fully paint the area inside the door hinges. C'mon Tesla, that's cheesy. And I have a rattle in the RH passenger door that's going to have to get fixed (anyone driven on Tucson streets lately?). But overall, so far, very happy with it.

View attachment 779996
Fun times ahead. Smile as you drive past the gas price signs. You’ll get past the issues with your paint, gaps, etc. Not perfect, and yet you’ll kind of forget as you drive (float) through traffic.

It is the other part of the

Look at the front side of the door behind. Especially the front doors. The process Tesla uses is different than some. Don't think it has changed, but different area than your photos.

AH I heard everyone saying "door hinges"...

I'm done looking...honestly who cares. Life too short to worry about paint on a inside part that no one sees apparently.

AH I heard everyone saying "door hinges"...

I'm done looking...honestly who cares. Life too short to worry about paint on a inside part that no one sees apparently.

Sure. I don't care either. Just want to make sure that the next person picking up car has correct expectations. As some get chapped when they see this.

Reactions: BMWM3Man

View attachment 779996
That rattle just be a feature because I have the exact same one on my 1 month old car. I think mine is actually the seat as it goes away when someone sits in the seat. My Googles seem to suggest so…

I too just picked up my 2022 Model 3 today! First time Tesla owner and having fun learning! I too don’t have ANY USB ports, not sure if it’s a supply issue or what. Any info would be appreciated
Does it have no USB at all or just none in the front compartment? Mine came without the front 2 USBs and no wireless charging. I set up a service and a mobile tech came out to add them about a month after I got the car. Also, yes this is a supply chain issue. They don't want to stop shipping cars just because they don't have the USB charging parts.

** Added due to post below. Yes I was referring to not having my Type-C USB on vehicle delivery**

Last edited:
The USB ports are now all USB C ports, except the one in the glovebox for the thumb drive for the Sentry mode feature. USB C ports are tiny racetrack shaped ports, not the rectangular ones for regular USB ports. Two are in the compartment under the center console armrest.

View attachment 779996
Paint is the same on my 2021 blue model 3. Not in the least worried about it . Enjoy your car. Acceleration boost has been awesome for me. Well worth it.

It feels fast but you'll get used to it. :p My performance model used to feel crazy fast. Now it just feels kind of fast. lol. I guess I need the Model S Plaid now. Imagine how that feels...for the first few months of owning it at least and you get used to that.
My LR/AWD felt crazy fast when I first got it in December. Now I am wondering if I should have bought the performance or just spend $2k for the acceleration boost.