Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

As You Drive Battery Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool. Induction strips would be a great way to charge while using the Interstates. Your battery capacity then just needs to be able to get you around town, away from and back to the interstate, or to the interstate from your home.

Can enough power be transfered to offset the power required to maintain highway speeds?

What is the latest in research of On Board Battery Charging systems?

I'm not sure what the question is. All modern EVs will have "onboard" chargers. But that's for use when parked. Your subject asks about "as you drive" chargers. And that means either picking up power from the roadway, or (what I fear) a perpetual motion situation. When you speak of "magnet generators" you have entered the realm of perpetual motion of "over unity" machines. Devices that - for lack of a better phrase - do not exist in reality.

I thought perpetual motion was the little bird rocking back and forth and taking sips out of a glass of water.. but then.. they finally stop.

I thought Neodymium Magnets would be considered an alternative fuel.

Isn't Magnet force another source of energy? Sure seems like energy if you get your finger between a couple of them.

Sounds as if they have not been harnessed yet as a power source, doesn't it?

Can enough power be transfered to offset the power required to maintain highway speeds?

I would find it hard to believe that induction strips could provide significant power without significantly inhibiting the motion of the vehicle. I don't know much about this, beyond the whole conservation of energy idea. Seems like a great idea in hard turns, though :) Even more regenerative braking!

Maybe induction could be used to pull the car along the highway and assist in the forward motion instead of charging the batteries? But that would probably required polarity switching, which is complicated, huh?

Hmmm...