Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ask German, get French

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
I suppose depending on your nationality you will find this bad or good.

When I press the record button and say "Play German National Anthem" the system processes the request and a graphic pops up reading German National Anthem. But the music played is "La Marseillaise".

Anyone else getting that?

Quite funny :)

Actually, whatever I ask my car to play, I usually get the answer that he/she doesn't understand what I mean. There must be something with my accent that has not been programmed into its otherwise übersmart brain...
I gave up on voice commands altogether for now.

It appears you have discovered the gremlin responsible for some pretty funny - or sacrilegiously outrageous, depending on your point of view - mistakes in recent years. For example, in 2012, the gold medal winner from Kazakhstan at a shooting event in Kuwait was regaled by the spoof anthem from Borat, which included the lines "Kazakh prostitutes cleanest in the region/Except of course Turkmenistan" (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/mar/23/borat-kazakhstan-anthem-kuwait-medal-ceremony); and late this March in Washington DC, when the El Salvador and Argentine soccer teams faced off....the central Americans were treated to (the real) Kazakh national anthem (El Salvador players and fans stunned as US stadium plays wrong national anthem ahead of their friendly against Argentina  | Daily Mail Online).

Please do not ask why I know these things. It's strange what sticks in my head - can't explain it.