Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Asked for a new VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was expecting to pick up MY with VIN # 0322xx from Paramus NJ. Let's just say I was in and out in under 30 minutes. There were quite a few alignment issues. We didn't even enter the car. Although most of those issues would have been fixable at the SC, there was one issue which would have required a "third party" body shop to fix with which I was not comfortable.

I have mixed feelings about the experience. I'll start with the positives:
  • Barely any wait before I was greeted by the delivery technician.
  • He was courteous and thorough in explaining our options.
  • I am happy that there was no pressure to take delivery and technician wanted us to be comfortable with the car.
  • The car was clean inside and out and tires shine was put on. At first glance it looked great.
Now the negatives:
  • He said the car is perfect, he didn't expect us to find anything wrong with it.
  • Misaligned: Front passenger door, front bumber, left taillight
  • Front driver side fender pushed in at the bottom.
Hopefully the next one won't have these issues (fingers crossed).

Why does Tesla put that disgusting greasy looking tire dressing on their cars? Maybe some people like that wet greasy look, but to me if makes the cars look like they came off a shady used car dealer's lot. hahaha

it washes off so I don't care. just making a comment.

Glad you rejected the car you weren't comfortable taking. The delivery tech saying the car is "perfect" when it's not is disgusting. Goes to show he was hoping you wouldn't notice the problems and he can chalk up another delivery. Problem is there are many buyers who don't have an eye for detail and would have accepted delivery, and maybe - maybe - noticed the problems later.

What color are you buying and how was the paint condition?

• Informative
Reactions: Threader
That wet look chemical actually does something to the tire when it wears off like a stain. I hate it too. I like the look of fresh rubber without any aftermarket chemicals. I might just as the D.A. to not have that crap on MY for delivery.

Reactions: raggedy