Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Asked to see car first.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5F1E586A-8330-4575-A8EC-7231CA9D3EE2.jpeg
I’m looking at trading my LR RWD for a SR+. Got a decent value from Tesla for my car and my advisor said there was one in stock at the Lawrence location. I said before tying up $3200 could I see the car and look it over. He said sure and man am I glad I did. There was a decent dent in the trunk lid and the hood looked warped. Flush on one side and raised on the other.
The person showing me the car seemed surprised that I didn’t want it. Turns out they assumed I had been offered a price adjustment. When I said no, not at all, then they understood.
So, still looking. Anyone know how to see model 3 inventory in Canada?

Why LR RWD for SR+? did they pay you for downgrade your vehicle?
I put way too many kms on it in 15 months. Drove it everywhere. So my warranty will be up in months. I’m at 62k already. I’d hoped they would offer an extended warranty by now but they haven’t and I don’t want to be on the hook for issues that arise once it’s up. It’s been trouble free apart from a few problems in the first months. Still there’s no problem till there is one. Plus I don’t need the extra range so in getting a new one i don’t feel the extra $17k is worth it.
I’ll add mileage at a lower rate now that the new Tesla experience has worn off.
They offered me $45 500.

I put way too many kms on it in 15 months. Drove it everywhere. So my warranty will be up in months. I’m at 62k already. I’d hoped they would offer an extended warranty by now but they haven’t and I don’t want to be on the hook for issues that arise once it’s up. It’s been trouble free apart from a few problems in the first months. Still there’s no problem till there is one. Plus I don’t need the extra range so in getting a new one i don’t feel the extra $17k is worth it.
I’ll add mileage at a lower rate now that the new Tesla experience has worn off.
They offered me $45 500.
At the rate you you've been driving, you'd have another 5 months on the basic warranty, but you said you're going to scale back your driving. Battery warranty is 192k km on the LR and 160k km on the SR+ so from the battery warranty point of view it's pretty close to a wash, and 70% capacity on the LR is a lot more than 70% capacity on the SR+. I'm sure you know this, but you'll also be giving up the premium interior. Why don't you set aside the cost of switching to SR+ and save it for future repairs if you're so worried about warranty?

Reactions: pcons and bijan
They offered me $45 500.

62K? not too bad, I'm at 35K in 9 months. So I'm pretty damn close to what you are. I'm guessing quite a few people is in the same boat.

To me, I don't think it will be worse than a ICE as far as warranty is concerned. What can go wrong, we only have one motor, not too many moving part.

They offered me $45 500.

Pretty bizarre how varied their trade in quotes are - I was quoted $39.9k for my LR RWD with EAP+FSD back in June when it had around 40,000km. And that was with a view to buying a P3D! The number felt low and now I wonder if it was a mistake - I double checked it accounted for EAP/FSD and they said yes. Weird and was definitely a non-starter given it was so low.

Either they screwed up with the price they gave one of us or these cars are appreciating in value? Maybe I should get another price now and see if it's gone up?

Pretty bizarre how varied their trade in quotes are - I was quoted $39.9k for my LR RWD with EAP+FSD back in June when it had around 40,000km. And that was with a view to buying a P3D! The number felt low and now I wonder if it was a mistake - I double checked it accounted for EAP/FSD and they said yes. Weird and was definitely a non-starter given it was so low.

Either they screwed up with the price they gave one of us or these cars are appreciating in value? Maybe I should get another price now and see if it's gone up?
I wonder if it has anything to do with end of quarter. They did say the value was only good till sept 30.

To see the inventory, go to the main page, press the down arrow near the bottom of the page. On the next page it has used inventory, click that. Then select Model 3, new and put in a postal code for around lawrence ave area. You should get the selection of cars that way. Oakville seems to have a lot more selection.

Here is a direct link for what I did. Good luck.
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla Canada

Reactions: Darthbenji
View attachment 458908 I’m looking at trading my LR RWD for a SR+. Got a decent value from Tesla for my car and my advisor said there was one in stock at the Lawrence location. I said before tying up $3200 could I see the car and look it over. He said sure and man am I glad I did. There was a decent dent in the trunk lid and the hood looked warped. Flush on one side and raised on the other.
The person showing me the car seemed surprised that I didn’t want it. Turns out they assumed I had been offered a price adjustment. When I said no, not at all, then they understood.
So, still looking. Anyone know how to see model 3 inventory in Canada?
Why not ask for the price adjustment? They will have to offer it on that car one way or another, or make it a loaner car for service. That's at least 4k-5k I'd need to see to accept damage like that on a 50k+ car on delivery. Needs either a new trunk or bodywork plus paint, that's not going to be cheap.

It looks like it's already forming rust where the paint has broken off. Crazy they didn't offer an adjustment, I'd ask. You may end up paying net zero in the final tally and trade the longer range plus other premium features for a new warranty.

They offered me $45 500.
They offered you $45,500 for a LR RWD with 62k on it?

LMAO, they offered me $41k for a LR RWD with under 20k on it just two weeks ago. :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
They offered you $45,500 for a LR RWD with 62k on it?

LMAO, they offered me $41k for a LR RWD with under 20k on it just two weeks ago. :rolleyes:
Just went to Oakville and placed the order. The sales guy was great. He assured me they inspect all the cars there and fix issues found before they even show the car. He said they’d never have shown the one at Lawrence to a customer. I said ok great but what if? He said they have several in inventory and it would not take long to swap it for a different one.

Just went to Oakville and placed the order. The sales guy was great. He assured me they inspect all the cars there and fix issues found before they even show the car. He said they’d never have shown the one at Lawrence to a customer. I said ok great but what if? He said they have several in inventory and it would not take long to swap it for a different one.

Just goes to show that Tesla still has a lot of growing up to do. Good luck with your purchase from here on in and congrats!

Reactions: Darthbenji