Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Asked to see car first.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re losing $10k+tax on the deal right? Why not just save that cash for repairs if required?
That was my comment as well. It just doesn't make sense to me to trade in such a new car, taking a hit like that, especially for an inferior one (slower, shorter range, worse audio, no fog lights or rear seat heater, no premium connectivity.) Down the road a 4 year old SR+ will probably be worth less than a 5 year 3 month old LR as well. Heck, once the SR+ is driven off the lot it will probably have depreciated to the same level as a 1 year 3 month old LR.

Are you selling it or just checking? If selling, how much do you expect?

When there were some P3D- units available I asked for a trade in quote just to see what they'd say. They took almost two weeks to get back to me and I laughed at the price they gave. Per my research, my config and mileage was fetching 60-65k in the used market. Without EAP and FSD it seemed to be going for around 55-60k.

But at this time I don't have any plans to actively sell. If someone proposed the right offer, maybe I might convince myself to upgrade to a performance model.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
What do they do with the M3s that get traded in? I see them get traded in but then don’t see them for sale on the lot?
How many m3's are being traded in? I expect is very small....but the answer to your question (I believe) is they either get sold back as pre owned stock, or offloaded to another car seller (like shift motors in burlington) who sell them as pre owned Tesla's. I guess some may go into the service/demo pool?

Also, by trading in do you mean rejected cars, or ones that people traded in to trade up/down to a different tesla?

Non tesla trade ins go to a auction house and other people re-sell them if you meant to ask about those...

When there were some P3D- units available I asked for a trade in quote just to see what they'd say. They took almost two weeks to get back to me and I laughed at the price they gave. Per my research, my config and mileage was fetching 60-65k in the used market. Without EAP and FSD it seemed to be going for around 55-60k.

But at this time I don't have any plans to actively sell. If someone proposed the right offer, maybe I might convince myself to upgrade to a performance model.
Same here.

Picked up my Sr+ today and had lots of time to look over the car. Couldn’t find anything wrong. Nice smooth process and now I just have to wait to get version 10.

I have no idea why I was offered what I was for my trade. I’d followed used prices before submitting a request online for a quote. I was surprised as well. I didn’t want to lose that amount so I went ahead. Very happy with that decision. Yes of course I took a hit. It’s kind of like a stock that you don’t realize a gain or loss until you sell. To me, having my odometer at 12kms and a brand new blemish free car, new tires, which I needed, and 15 months of super fun driving already from my trade was worth it. To me.