Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Asking for keycard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2021 MYP recently needed its rear drive unit & an axle replaced. Ever since I got it back from the SC, it’s frequently been asking me to place a key card on the center console in order to drive, even though I have my phone with me, which unlocked the car as I approached. I just dismiss the popup on the screen & drive away without issue. It seems to be related to how long it’s been since I drove the car. Overnight, it always pops up, but if I just go into a store for a while, it doesn’t.

Any thoughts why this happens, and how I can stop it? Obviously not a big problem, just an annoyance.

My 2021 MYP recently needed its rear drive unit & an axle replaced. Ever since I got it back from the SC, it’s frequently been asking me to place a key card on the center console in order to drive, even though I have my phone with me, which unlocked the car as I approached. I just dismiss the popup on the screen & drive away without issue. It seems to be related to how long it’s been since I drove the car. Overnight, it always pops up, but if I just go into a store for a while, it doesn’t.

Any thoughts why this happens, and how I can stop it? Obviously not a big problem, just an annoyance.
Try closing and reopening the Tesla app on your phone. Also, you might try turning off BT on your phone and then turning BT back on.

If that fails to resolve the issue you might try rebooting the Tesla vehicle. Lastly you might want to log out of your Tesla account on your phone, delete the Tesla app from the phone and download the app from the app store. Then log back in (you will need the Id and Password with you after you log out.)