TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Asking for service. Call or email?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by JMG, Nov 12, 2015.

1. JMG

JMG Member

Just asking my fellow Texans how they usually request a service appointment. I emailed a manager at the Dallas SC on November 6th with a picture of a problem I need fixed. I didn't hear anything for a few days, so I then forwarded that email on to [email protected] on November 9th because I thought maybe the proper protocol was to go through them. Still nothing.

I can always call I guess and get immediate service, but I haven't heard anything yet. Just curious what everyone else normally does.

2. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

3. JMG

JMG Member

I guess I can go ahead and call, I just wanted to email first so I could attach a picture of the part that I was needing (in case they needed to research if they have it in stock or have to order it first).

The weird thing is, the last time I needed service done I emailed. Same thing, no response. So a few days go by and I call. And they were like, "yeah I see you here, LTE upgrade and dual charger install. When would you like it done?" I thought it was strange that it was in the system but no one had reached out to me.

Oh well, I'll probably call later today when I have time.

4. zwede

zwede 2013 P85+

Is it still the case that it's technically illegal to call TX service directly, and we have to call CA first?

5. JMG

JMG Member

Yes, when you look up Tesla's Texas Service Center phone number, its actually a CA number. Someone in CA then connects you to TX. Stupid. Thanks Texas lawmakers and the TADA.

6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I vote for call

7. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

Call, tell that person to read your email, then drive in.

8. JMG

JMG Member

On queue, they just called.

9. Stenn

Stenn Member

I emailed the Houston service center late at night and got a return call the following morning.